How to Encode xWMA Files

blankstate

It would be really helpful if someone could write a batch to convert multiple .xwm to .wav, I would really really really appreciate it.

Here you go...

for /r . %%T IN (*.xwm) do @xWMAEncode.exe "%%T" "%%~pT%%~nT.wav"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be really helpful if someone could write a batch to convert multiple .xwm to .wav, I would really really really appreciate it.

Here you go...

I do not know you but I actually love you, seriously I do, thank you sooooooooooooo much. also is there a way to do the reverse using a batch like from .wav to .xwm?

Here you go...

I do not know you but I actually love you, seriously I do, thank you sooooooooooooo much. also is there a way to do the reverse using a batch like from .wav to .xwm?

I did it lol, it was very simple, thanks again you are a god!!!

but my question now is, is there a way to convert a .lip and .xwm back into a .fuz??

Edited by Falconsflight

Does it matter if I have 09 version of the SDK?

I am having problems installing the SDK. It is saying something along the lines of the program failing to pass... a logo test???? Then it left the error number blank. I'm running xp here. Anyone else run into this?

I did it! I used the voice file extractor from the Nexus, and along with the converter I managed to change the xwm file and place it into the game. Infinite kudos to all of you! (if only that were possible)

The smaller 500kb file doesn't seem to work for me, it just flashes up and then disappears. I've had success with the original 500mb though, sort of. The commands seem to work and it confirms a conversion, but the file is nowhere to be found.

ETA: Here are all the combat file names, if you're looking to replace them.

mus_combat_01.xwm

mus_combat_02.xwm

mus_combat_03.xwm

mus_combat_04.xwm

mus_combat_06.xwm

mus_combat_04_cg.xwm

mus_combat_01_finale.xwm

mus_combat_02_finale.xwm

mus_combat_03_finale.xwm

mus_combat_04_finale.xwm

mus_combat_06_finale.xwm

mus_combat_boss_02.xwm

mus_combat_boss_03.xwm

mus_combat_boss_cg.xwm

mus_combat_boss_02_finale.xwm

mus_combat_boss_03_finale.xwm

mus_combat_boss_finale.xwm

Edited by MSam

For those that run xwmaencode.exe and cant find the converted file: Find your xwmaencode.exe and right click on it and click properties. Click compatibility tab and check 'Run this program as an administrator.' Follow previous instructions again and it should properly convert. At least it did for me.