Imperial Legion mod

sanada_yukimora

I know a mod with this sort of name is currently in production by some guy, but it's just really not what most of us are looking for. What most of the people (mostly in real life) that I've spoken to about this game want is another REAL Imperial Legion.

The very basic idea is to recreate it from the ground up, like it was in Morrowind. More advanced would be taking voices from the earlier games and cleaning them up some, redo them alittle, you know...work some modding MAGIC on 'em, for NPC voices; there would be tons to use for NPCs then. After that, go in and create the serious faction itself.

I'm talking ranks; all the way up to Captain of the Palace Guard or Captain of the Imperial Watch or perhaps Knight of the Imperial Dragon? Not weapons, weapons wouldn't be required; they're already there. But the ranks, the faction itself. You know what I mean. Quests and all that. Taking voices from the earlier games is something more modders should do more often though; I really don't like playing factions and mods where there are no actual NPC voices. I know its hard work to do that and that I shouldn't be saying DO IT if I can't, but this is just the mindset of a Oblivion Mod fan. Then again, of course, if I have to sacrafice voices for a solid Imperial Legion faction mod? TOTALLY fair trade. Just as long as they really see the rank you use. Maybe the guards look down on you at first as a noob recruit, but then when you advance they call you Sir or Captain. Something along those lines.

Let me know if this is somewhat possible. If it's WAY out of whack, if I'm looking too high here, or if this is too easy. I want to see some of you god-like moders out there flex your fingers alittle and really get cracking. Like from the Lost Paladins of the Divines or Deadly Reflexes. I would vote for this in ModDB Mod of the Year, no questions. My absolute favorite thing on Morrowind was to be a member of the Imperial Legion. To be Knight of the Imperial Dragon, to be called Sir; it was just awesome to see all the work I went through with my character pay off.

Hey, maybe you could even recreate the Lords Mail and Chrysmere? Just ideas! Really though, give me feedback; tell me if its possible, if it can be done or if its insane. And a somewhat accurate timeframe would really be helpful too.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on people, give me feedback. I need to know possibilities here; don't just look at my idea, grade it from one to ten or something! Thumbs up or thumbs down. Come on.

Any content from any games cannot be added to other games as there is no way of ensuring the one downloading the plug-in has already bought that content.

As for the mod itself, never going to happen. Someone already tried an Imperial Legion mod, and it failed miserably. Granted they didn't follow the basic guidelines, but it still failed. If you want to look at the previously stated guidelines, they can be found here.

I think it can happen, but it would just take a very talented modder. And why wouldn't the voices work? I imagine all you would have to do is change the properties of the voice file itself so that it runs with an Oblivion format instead of with the Morrowind or the Redguard format.

because its ILLEGAL. To take a file, any file, from another game and then put it for free into another one without the consent of the owning companies is stealing, as it allows people who have not brought the first game to use its content without buying it.

Oh yeah. Oh well then, I guess the multiple voices can't be used. But that dosen't change the fact that the Imperial Legion could still be recreated in Oblivion; just without NPC voice overs.

It can be done. Establishing the guild itself, easy. Getting IL places all over, not so much but it can be done, especially if you have an experienced mesh/texture maker helping you. I'm not good with either but i can work fairly well with scripts so if you need any help let me know. I honestly think you can pull this off.