Imperial Legion mod

sanada_yukimora

Read my above post for an update on a possible idea; and quite a good one, too.

I made some changes to how I plotted out the map. Each of them is now marked with a BLACK circle, (the black being my primary choice) and a RED circle (red being my secondary choice). Now, if worst comes to worst and all of the forts in that location are used, then we could look to another segment. But that's a worst case scenerio. I would definately prefer to use the ruins I've marked out.

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj46/Cyrodiil_Map/

Keep in mind that this is all done with the best possible strategic plotting in mind. I placed the forts in areas that are lawless, hard to reach, or require more defense. The MAIN fort will need to be around Anvil, the fort nearest to the town. In game, it seems that tensions are mounting non-stop with Summerset Isle, so we've got to pay attention to that; a threat to the Empire would be the Legions first worry.

Keep in mind that cities may also be considered posts. As such, we require litle to no forts on the border to valenwood as kvatch and skindgrad border this province and would have a good line of sight on the border. The same applies to alll cities close to a border with another province. we only need to rebuild forts if they

A)- are in strategic location such as a bridge, road, or town.

B). guards a vacant border where there are no cities nor any other form of habitation.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The towns aren't Legion posts though. The towns are guarded by the towns soldiers. The towns solders don't belong to the Empire, they belong to the town. Anvil Guards aren't Imperial Legion Soldiers. There would need to be seperate forts to accomidate the Imperial Soldiers, I think. And we wouldn't need a group on Valenwood anyways, or Elswhyre, because the Empire is on good terms with them. The Empire is on faulty terms with Black Marsh and Morrowind (thanks mainly to House Dres and Indoril, however much they may be weakened). And the, like I said, main fort needs to be either boardering the Abecean Sea coming into Anvil because the Altmer of Summerset Isle are boycotting Imperial goods and that would definately lead to a war, or in the Colovian Highlands. Maybe...we could put it closer to the Imperial City, or even expand the Imperial City just a bit... But the Imperial Legion HQ is in the Prision District...hmm... Either way, forts in the Colovian Highlands and right on the boarder of the Abecean sea in the west are absolutely vital to provide much needed reinforcements just to be safe from the possibility of an Altmer invasion.

hi i have some bad news my end (thought its probaly not that inportant) i was unable to create the fort top section (well it wasnt realy my fault the damm program wouldnt load the nif plugin) this means thought that our forts may look a bit funny till i can get that to work , im sorry :(

.im not sure weather all the the forts location you sergested have quest related to them but a mod of this scale is never realy going to be 100% freindly and we are going to clash with something somewere altho we could use the bandit camps idear that i surgeted in the segments

they may not be the stratigec placed locations but they are saffer seeing as thay have no quest to my knowlage.

The roman sheild idear is possible but is not something that should be a priority.

i think that the towns are more county based than liagion based so i think that they should be seprate or maby that in one of the town castles there is a legion branch (maby there could be a quest where a fort had been over run by bandits or a army or orcs and is useing the town castle and a tempriy base, this could link to a quest where the player has to retake the fort with some men.)

but i would realy like to start creating stuff .it would be good to get some stuff to show and then maby we can recruit more people to help mainly with mesh makeing and re textering.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. I've been gone for a damn long time...I apologize. My comp crashed because of...god knows what. Lost a crap ton of stuff I had been working on, short stories and what-not. Since then I've been kinda spooked about getting involved in stuff like this, for fear of working like a maniac and then having it all destroyed. Anyways, if you guys still want to do this I can and will help, but I'm still limited on what I can do (as always). I'm not out of ideas yet, and my hard-drive kept some of my stuff, but alot of it is dust in the wind and is gone, gone, gone.

Also, if someone else wants to pick this up and try it, go right ahead. You can work off of the groundwork I've set, just give me some credit at the end please? Either way, I still think of this as a solid idea.

• 1 year later...

Well, I had been reading it in hopes of it having been finished like you all seemed so intent on doing.

All that arguing with that jerk ninja and you didn't even follow through.