I'm looking for a little help or advice, but let me preface by saying I know I don't belong here. I'm not a modder any way you swing it. With that being said my knowledge is rather below novice. The extent of my abilities has been renaming mesh files to replace the male Ancient Shrouded Armor to the Contractor armor and the female version to Mavari Armor. That is the height of my abilities. Dunno how to edit, mesh, textures or script.

So with that, I am attempting to make a mod for personal use. I say personal use because I am basically trying to merge 3 mods designed by people of actual skill into one and I am hitting a roadblock. I just wanted to put it out first that I am not looking to poach other peoples work and throw it out on the nexus as my own. Now that I'm done blathering, I'll move on to the meat and potatoes.

I'm trying to make lower face masks more prevalent in my game, they look amazing on open face helmets, under hoods, and so on. 2 masks in particular, the brotherhood masks from Arise Chapter One Black Sacrament , and the Bosmer mask from Bosmer Armor Pack go with every outfit my charecters wear. They go perfectly with the Dragon Carved Armor set, my go to armor.

I tried really the only trick I know. I went into another mod I am fond of, Face Masks of Skyrim and starting messing around. I renamed the mesh .nif files from Black Sacrament and Bosmer Armor to match those in Face Masks, and pretty much jammed all the texture folders together. I know whoever is reading this is rolling their eyes right now at such a hodgepodge way of doing things, but its the best I could come up with. I somehow managed to break my game messing with the creation kit last year so I'm trying to do as little as possible here. Less is more when it comes to my ignorantly destructive nature.

It seemed to be working out as well as all the other times I tried it at first. I found the masks, they showed up in the crafting menus, did not attempt to make one though, I had one in my inventory. Looking at it in the inventory however, the textures were a mess, though the shape was right, and it wouldn't appear on my face at all.

So that's where I'm at. If anyone could be kind enough to throw a newbie a bone and let me know what I'm doing wrong or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. I am inexperienced at this, but I'm not looking to become a modgod overnight or anything. As mXr would say, this is all about the aesthetics. I just want my game to look good while not over filling my crafting menu and saving a few esps where I can. Luckily for me, everything I'm looking is already made, unluckily for me, i have no idea how to bring it all together.

Thanks for reading this far!

Any help I can get would be a godsend.

Thank you again.

Try messing around with NifSkope and the Copy/Paste block option ...

Thanks for the tip! A lot of great tools in here. I finally got those contractor masks to line up and managed to edit some meshes successfully. It's already a big help with so many side projects. Unfortunately I can't quite seem to grasp what I'm pasting. I highlighted the mask I wanted to replace and went into block and selected paste. Nothing happened. I tried paste over and it shot up the screen. As I'm typing this, I am realizing that might be what happened in the game when I replaced the meshes. Food for thought, but I'm still going to have to figure out how to trade the meshes properly. I still have digging to do, but I just wanted to say thanks for the tool tip. I'm already tweaking other mods with it. Appreciate the reply!