Commonwealth Congress

EmiKivel

The Commonwealth Congress Mod aims to breathe new life into the Commonwealth in the way of

:nuke: Unique Settlers: This mod adds quite a few new settlers, complete with names and backstories. Each settler adds something unique to the settlement they're in, such as the ability to build a new item or resulting in more things scavenged.

:nuke: Quests and an entirely new faction: We want to add new quests of varying length all around the commonwealth regarding a whole new faction: The Commonwealth Congress, an offshoot of the Commonwealth Provisional Government.

:nuke: Ally-Building: You will choose who joins the congress via recruitment quests, so by recruiting a raider group into the congress, the congress may gain firepower but lose credibility while recruiting a group of caravan workers may not result in a substantial increase of firepower but may improve how the people of the Commonwealth perceive you.

:nuke: Companions: One of the staples of the modding community has always been companions. This mod hopes to add several new fully fleshed out companions to your roster, each with benefits and well developed storylines.

:nuke: Compatibility: We want to make our mod as compatible with other mods as possible starting with the other mod I'm working on, the Elizabeth Esda Companion Mod.

Of the things included, here are a few examples:

Radio Free Boston

A new radio station in the Commonwealth with the promise of telling you what they don't want you to know. It is hosted by a nutty conspiracy theorist named Conrad Spires. He will comment on the player’s actions and share a different perspective on things going on in and around the Commonwealth.

Lyon’s Brotherhood

A faction of Lyon’s loyalists who left when Maxson took power. They are available to be recruited into the Congress and come with a new companion named Leslie, a shy scribe who joined the Brotherhood in hopes of making the wasteland a better place and will follow the Sole Survivor to the ends of the earth to reach her goals.

Newtown University

A post-apocalyptic replica of Harvard Yard, this is the heart of the Commonwealth Congress and serves as the faction’s main hub. There are several things to see and do on the college grounds and it evolves as factions join you in restoring the wasteland.

Edited by EmiKivel

Hey, if you need some 3D modelling for outfits or weapons done, just message me. I've only got a few months of experience actually modding outfits for Fallout 4 and I'm branching into power armor and weapons now, but if you need a 3D modeller, just give me a shout here or on reddit.

• 8 months later...

We're almost set with everything we need to get the trailer out there. At this point all we really need are 3D modelers. While I can't promise any financial compensation, you will be credited for your contributions to the mod. Thanks for hearing me out. -Emily

• 3 weeks later...

I'm interested in providing voice work, the role of Conrad Spires interests me.

Give me a few days to get a demo reel together.

But real quick, are you going for an "Alex Jones" kinda character? Or something else?

I'm interested in providing voice work, the role of Conrad Spires interests me.

Give me a few days to get a demo reel together.

But real quick, are you going for an "Alex Jones" kinda character? Or something else?

I was thinking more 'stoner' but now that you mention it, I'd love to hear your take on both if that's okay. I'll PM you some lines?

At the pace we're going at, I'm looking at likely late January. The benefits of this are that you'll see a lot more than you'd usually see in a trailer and it wouldn't be super detached from the actual release date. Looking for volunteers at this point has been trying, but progress will be recorded annually and shortly I'll be updating this thread with newer features the mod has gotten going for it over the last couple months.

• 10 months later...