Unessential Companions

SGTbayk47

Hey all,

I'd like a mod which would make your companions unessential, even when your not in hardcore mode if possible. Or if one exists already, point me to it, because I can't find any mods that make companions unessential.

Cheers, BayK.

If you have nvse you should be able to run the command gbo in game while selecting your companion to get their base id. If you don't have nvse then just google your companion's base id. Once you have the id simply type "setessential *the companion's base id* 0". That should make your companion or any npc not essential, you shouldn't need a mod for this.

If this for some reason doesn't work pm me and I can make the mod.

Once you have the id simply type "setessential *the companion's base id* 0". That should make your companion or any npc not essential, you shouldn't need a mod for this.

If this for some reason doesn't work pm me and I can make the mod.

No, they may be hard coded for companions.....it doesn't matter if it's done via console or script, as Ladez pointed out. I don't know if someone like lutana can find or track down the code and create a plugin.

You could probably make a facsimile corpse to swap out and disable the real companion (you'd add this to their obj scripts), but you'd have some bookkeeping to do (transferring all items from companion container to simulacrum container, equip items worn etc).

But barring the two methods above or if someone is able to spoof hardcore mode, I don't know of anyone way to accomplish it.