Windows 10 4GB VRAM Limit

Gabby2805

Are you playing SE or Oldrim? If you are playing Oldrim, I don't understand how you are getting past the 4GB VRAM limit. Maybe your VRAM monitor is detecting VRAM usage for applications in addition to Oldrim?

There's been some noise on Reddit about the possibility of Microsoft patching the DX 9 limitation out of Win 8 and Win 10 but, as someone else put it, it might just be vaporware.

Finally! I will try it today, hope it really works with the new preview build.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helixien

LeddBate, on 23 Jun 2017 - 5:29 PM, said:snapback.png

Are you playing SE or Oldrim? If you are playing Oldrim, I don't understand how you are getting past the 4GB VRAM limit. Maybe your VRAM monitor is detecting VRAM usage for applications in addition to Oldrim?

There's been some noise on Reddit about the possibility of Microsoft patching the DX 9 limitation out of Win 8 and Win 10 but, as someone else put it, it might just be vaporware.

Finally! I will try it today, hope it really works with the new preview build.

Just curious what your results/thoughts were on the beta release of Windows 10 build 16232?

Edited by austingravity

Hello everyone. I have a topic here on nexus just about the test build. Please feel free to comment as I, as well as others, are trying to get an idea about it. I have a screenshot link showing 16gb result from dx9 vram test tool in front of my system info showing windows 10. The more people involved giving opinions will benefit us all as a gaming community.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5825812-dx9-vram-has-been-fixed/

• 2 months later...