Fallout 4 brick wall?

ShootingShotguns

The title is quite odd but it's the overall conclusion I've come too. I love Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I loved Fallout 4 too when i came out, I wouldn't stop playing it. I'm beginning to see a lot of fallout players, especially fans of Fallout 4 specifically just, well. Stop playing? It's effecting me too and I wanted to speak to the Nexus Community on their thoughts about it.

I completed Fallout 4 100% on my first run, all locations/dungeons/quests, sided with the Railroad, typical first playthrough. The moderate-major DLC's like Far Harbor and Vault-Tec Workshop were absolutely brilliant, I loved the quests and the story aspect. Now I've hit a brick wall. I wan't to keep playing Fallout 4 and I do occassionally, but there's a point like 10 minutes in or so where i just go "f*** it." and close the game. A day later i'll go back and i'll just stare at my save files for a few minutes, then either delete them all or close the game again. I'm using modifications and quest mods, stuff that's really interesting and adds variety to the game, unfortunately I can't play them as I've lost patience for grinding and working my way to the top again.

I'm very concerned about the future of this game, it's a shame to see a decent Fallout game go to waste. My hope is in the total overhauls that will come soon, but even then I'm scared to even touch the game between that time, as it's a vicious cycle.

Nexus Forums, do you experience the same thing as I and a few other friends do? If so, have you found a way to combat it? Is there any other way to make this game interesting for me again?

(PS: This game makes me do things, every time i start a new playthrough and i just end up deleting it later, i can't keep one character down long enough)

Like i say all the time, the game is boring. But i want to play it as i love fallout but i just cant get into 4 because it doesnt feel like fallout. It is more like a wannabe fallout with a ton of endless grinding and little else to it.

I completed Fallout 4 100% on my first run, all locations/dungeons/quests, sided with the Railroad, typical first playthrough.

There's your problem. Of course you're going to hit a brick wall when you've already seen and experienced 100% 0f the game.

I've managed to get over 1010 hours out of FO4 so far and I haven't even told Father yet if I'm on his side or against him so I haven't even seen the ending yet, nor do I care to until I'm ready to finish the game. Because as soon as I finish it, I'm sure I will completely lose interest in it. It happened with Skyrim as well. I got about 875 hours out of that game and I never sided with the Stormcloaks or Imperials because I didn't like either side so I never saw that part of the story but as soon as I finished the main quest I ended up moving to another game.

I can play the same game as long as there's something to look forward to but eventually there is a time to just consider it finished and move on to one of other thousands of games to choose from. What I just don't get is people playing through the game ten times as if something else is going to happen. Doesn't the repetition and knowing what's going to happen get old?

I completed Fallout 4 100% on my first run, all locations/dungeons/quests, sided with the Railroad, typical first playthrough.

There's your problem. Of course you're going to hit a brick wall when you've already seen and experienced 100% 0f the game.

I've managed to get over 1010 hours out of FO4 so far and I haven't even told Father yet if I'm on his side or against him so I haven't even seen the ending yet, nor do I care to until I'm ready to finish the game. Because as soon as I finish it, I'm sure I will completely lose interest in it. It happened with Skyrim as well. I got about 875 hours out of that game and I never sided with the Stormcloaks or Imperials because I didn't like either side so I never saw that part of the story but as soon as I finished the main quest I ended up moving to another game.

I can play the same game as long as there's something to look forward to but eventually there is a time to just consider it finished and move on to one of other thousands of games to choose from. What I just don't get is people playing through the game ten times as if something else is going to happen. Doesn't the repetition and knowing what's going to happen get old?

You have a very strong point and I agree with you 100%. Fallout 4 has 5 endings however. They differ but they also feel the same and anti-climatic. That's possibly why people manage to squeeze maybe 3 playthroughs out of this game before they stop?

I also 100% but i lost the entertainment part before then. I thought maybe if i progress in the main quest a little more i might unlock some more things to do... Well i was wrong. I ended beating the game the first time by complete accident.

I always felt that way with Bethesda games after a period of time. Few months later I fired them up again and had some fun, but got bored again after some time.

Beth does that to you. These are sandboxes without memorable stories to fill them. If it wasn't for settlement building I wouldn't have spent even that long in the game. I certainly got my money's worth, but replayablity is next to zero.

Half the people who say fallout 4 isn't a good game are more likely to be people who didn't play 3 or NV and just jumped on the hype wagon mid October 2015. Therefore they have no other fallout games to relate their experience to. I rest my case.

Well you're completely wrong. People think it's a bad game because of many quite valid reasons. People like the game for quite valid reasons. On comparison to previous games FO4 is not a good fallout game.