Tutorials for creating new figure skins?

radiumskull

So I'm still on the trail of creating a new 'Gen2Mech' skin that will fit the female body shape. I'm not entirely sure the geometry I have will work, but so far I haven't been able to get it positioned correctly in a NIF so I can test it.

Does anyone know of any tutorials on how to get custom figure geometry into a rigged character NIF? I would expect that people would want to know this to create new figures for CBBE. Or is CBBE/BodySlide the answer I need?

"We do not choose to do these things because they are easy, but because they are hard..."

Edited by radiumskull

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking, are you trying to make a new texture for a female body like CBBE? If that's the case it's pretty simple, just grab a CBBE texture, open it up in Photoshop or GIMP and use it as a map to guide how your new texture should be laid out. It'll work for any CBBE based mesh no matter how weird it's been made with bodyslide.

If you're asking how to add "geometry" aka model new objects that you'll then attach to the body model that's a different thing though. You can add additional meshes to a base CBBE mesh in nifskope without too much problem though I'm not entirely sure how that effects the texture mapping.

Neither is terribly difficult I think, just a little tedious to do relatively well.

Okay, I'll be more specific. I'm trying to create a character NIF that I can use in a mod. It's a female-sized version of the 'Gen2Mech' file, which is the Skin specified in the Race file for Leveled Gen2 Synths. I've altered the geometry, and it uses the same textures and BGSMs as the original from FO4.

I have 3DS Max 2013, and I brought my altered geometry in, matched it more or less to the size/position of the original. My problem is, in NifSkope. The original 'Gen2Mech' file is on the left, mine is on the right. Apparently the skeleton tags exported from Max, but the geometry is in the wrong position. I've set the origins to what I think is correct, but I can't seem to get it right.

Or maybe this is how it's supposed to be, but I don't know what's the next step. That's why I need a tutorial.

http://i.imgur.com/r29wzf9.png

Edited by radiumskull