Rads affect everybody, not just me.

DrabRab

Do you ever feel like the environment of the wasteland isn't so hazardous?
Do these Rads affect everybody, or is it just me?

If you're like me, you may have noticed some inconsistencies with way the game deals Rads, as many of you will know unlike in FO3, rads do not have their own set of separate parameters, they are implemented into your health bar. Understandably your character differs from the NPCs, but some player only effects, or hindrances are somewhat unreasonable with all things considered.
Is it just me, or do Rads mainly seem to affect you, and so much so that enough of it can kill you, but only impact it appears to have on humans is in ballistic form?

Obviously the non-humans are unaffected and there are exemptions such as the Children of Atom who revel in Rads, and humans would be protected by certain armours etc.

Why not just use perks or mods to do away with Rads?
Because I enjoy that mechanic, the additional challenge and of course the immersion. (Yeah I know)

Ideas for the mod
My idea starts as simply as this, all humans get a debuff during Rad storms that effects their agility, excluding those equipped with proper protection COA etc. For COA they could gain a damage increase buff.
It would be most likely be unrealistic to implement Rads to NPCs health system, and having them die on their feet from exposure due to their fixed location behaviour would be a constant problem.
I have always disliked legendary mutations, it doesn't make much sense to me, they're about to die but they magically get a new life, without the aid stimpaks, chems or creature type?
Instead of legendary mutations, make them Rad mutations, possibly turn humans into Ghouls or at least add a texture they can change to once mutated.

I could go on and on with additional feature ideas but due to my limited mod skills I won't even pretend to know the difficulty in making it work.

Food for thought
Skyrim has a mod that made some NPCs head inside during certain weathers, or they would equip cloaks. If that was implemented into FO4 that would be ideal, so during Rad storms NPCs would either auto equip a face mask, head inside or at least seek shelter from the acid rain. At least we have some FO4 mods enhance the Rad experience such as True Storms: Wasteland Edition v1.4, aside from the various weathers, it adds an addition option that adds a chance of Feral Ghouls appearing during Rads storms.

Thanks for reading, and have a nice day