Normal map problem in Elianora's "Halamshiral"

MalzM

Hi guys,

Long story:

After setting up Skyrim and all it's mods from bottom up a few days ago - for a new playthrough - I actually got to the point were everything was working perfectly and I was looking for house mods. I settled for a housing mod from Elianora (Halamshiral). For some weird reason the interior walls of that mod were not really reacting to light that well. I soon figured out, that it was not caused by too many light sources and even though Elianora is accusing ELFX (which I use) for the problems without any reason, I actually found out something different.

The walls are using a Texture from the original Skyrim.bsa (path: \textures\architecture\whiterun\wrcitywall01.dds).

The texture on the model in Elianoras mod is reacting to lights in a wrong way: If the light is coming from behind the wall, the texture is lit, but if it is actually coming from the front (the side we see), it does not affect the texture.

I already tested this with Bethesdas models using that texture (the city walls in Whiterun), and they are working just fine. So the error can't be the texture (the normal map also looks fine and all).

Short story:

Actually it seems like the normals of the model Elianoras mod (Halamshiral) is using are facing the wrong way (model in the mod is named "EliTowerWall"). I did not yet check if any other models have the same problem.

Since the comments on her mod are disabled I thought, maybe it is worth a shot here on the forums, so that she can fix that bug if she is still maintaining Skyrim mods anyhow.

Regards,

Malz

Edit: Yes, there is a fault in the title, cut the "map"

Edited by MalzM