Hordes of the Underdark Revisited

rjshae

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent the weekend trying to wrap up the level 1 central area... and I'm just about finished. All the core elements are in place now, and I just need to insert the placed creatures into their proper locations and add some environmental clutter. For the most part I'm pretty happy with the way things look. Hopefully the corruption issue is in the rear view now. Everything seems to be functioning okay.

I did have to spend a bunch of time migrating module scripts to campaign scripts, which was a bit of a pain. That was mainly for the Deekin character so his conversation will work in the next chapter, but it meant I also had to update the other conversations since they use many of the same scripts.

Now I'll probably move on to the level 1 north area. I don't plan to do a play through of this level until all three parts are in place, so there may be some future fixes needed.

Edited by rjshae

I did have to spend a bunch of time migrating module scripts to campaign scripts, which was a bit of a pain. That was mainly for the Deekin character so his conversation will work in the next chapter, but it meant I also had to update the other conversations since they use many of the same scripts.

If you're using directory mode, all you have to do is select all scripts (select by type: .nss or whatever method you prefer) and drag them into the campaign folder.

I almost never use directory mode since that seemed to cause more corruption issues for me. I know that's backwards for most people, but it is easier to manage backup copies that way. I guess in the future I could switch to directory mode and back when I need to do that sort of thing. Thanks.

Edited by rjshae

Yes, it's backwards for me, as I only suffered corruption in module mode. Switching temporarily might work, but it would be more straightforward and possibly easier to just open up the module with NWN2packer and drag the scripts out from there into the campaign folder, and delete them from the module file. Not tedious in any way like your description of doing it in the toolset.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm working on some new stone doors to give the Undermountain a little different look. While I'm at it, some other door styles are being included for variety and potential future uses. Here's the first set:

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a493/rjh405/fig01_zpso11nvhwo.jpg

Okay, I finished repopulating Undermountain with the new doors. I think they look pretty good, so I'm ready to move forward. Working on the north section, it looks like I'll need one new tile and a large placeable, so that's my next task. There's also a large stone door blocking a corridor, and I don't have a matching model. Instead, I may reskin one of the larger double doors. The blueprints and conversations are complete though, so progress is being made.

Thanks 4760. :smile: I finished up the required parts this weekend so I think I'm okay for now. (A humongous weekend storm they were predicting pretty much fizzled out here, so my power stayed up.) That should let me finish up the first floor northern area. If you ever get a little time to work on that harpy model though, I could definitely use that for the Fairy vs. Ogre encounters.

Edited by rjshae