More Camera Freedom, like Fallout 3

Vyschalla

I want the camera movements to be like they are in Fallout 3, where you can use middle mouse (or another button) to rotate the camera and look at your character from the front. As it stands in Skyrim, this is only possible if your character is standing still with no weapons drawn. Not only is it fun to have a swinging cam during play, but it would also be nice to be able to take pretty screen shots with weapons drawn. I spent a while looking through all the mods on the file directory today and yesterday, and the only cam mod I found was a lengthy one to give better zoom options on the world map. Any suggestions?

~Vyschalla

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for the link! but the mod doesn't work well.

Not only does the camera become unresponsive, reversing it's direction often as you move side to side, but the MINIMUM distance from the pc before going back into first person remains unchanged..

I can't believe no one has addressed this issue yet. Is it super easy?

Is that why no ones doing it? "Oh...everyone knows that ...yada yada.." sorta thing?

Should I simply cut/paste the camera section of NV into the Skyrimprefs ini?

NO one likes scrolling the camera ALL the way around their character while moving? This Auto-snap-to-rear function of third person is KILLING me.

.[Edited for inaccuracy; Script Dragon was not installed properly for me, the mod works well if the program is present].

Edited by Antioche

Thank you for the link, but the mod doesn't work well.

Not only does the camera become unresponsive, reversing it's direction often as you move side to side, but the MINIMUM distance from the pc before going back into first person remains unchanged..

I can't believe no one has addressed this issue yet. Is it super easy?

Is that why no ones doing it? "Oh...everyone knows that ...yada yada.." sorta thing?

Should I simply cut/paste the camera section of NV into the Skyrimprefs ini?

NO one likes scrolling the camera ALL the way around their character while moving? This Auto-snap-to-rear function of third person is KILLING me.

Wow, I hadn't checked out stonedsquirrel's mod since shortly after release - looks like he's made some great strides. I'm mainly playing FO3 (if anything) now, but I'll have to give that mod a whirl when/if I get back into skyrim.

More to the point though, I don't think this is super-easy by any means. There are TONS of peeps, like me, that would love a FO3/FONV style camera. It's actually been the subject of quite a few past discussions - and my offer to buy beers for anyone who makes one still stands. :biggrin: (actually, I may well owe stonedsquirrel a cold one)

The lack of a FO3/FONV-type camera was pretty much the first thing I noticed about skyrim and I was, like, "you HAVE to be kidding me!!" I could hardly believe what seemed to me to be a major step backwards from FO3/FONV (I think Oblivion had it too, though I've never played that game.) I figured, okay, no big deal, it's 4 months after release, for sure there will be a mod for that - nope. Stoned squirrel is the only modder to have taken this on. (And, again, it looks to me from the mod video that he's made some pretty big strides.)

And, no, switching around the ini [camera] stuff isn't going to get you anywhere.

Like Player Headtracking, this is an issue that shouldn't have fallen to modders, since it's been included in every Bethesda title since... what, Morrowind? The absence of these features is completely mind-boggling to me, and more evidence that Skyrim was and remains a half-baked title, by Beth standards.

Don't get me wrong, I love TES lore and the concept of the game. They really fumbled the execution, though. I do hope that at least some of the devs feel a little ashamed of themselves for releasing the game in the state they did.

11/11/11 [ih-lev-uhn ih-lev-uhn ih-lev-uhn]

Verb (used with object)

to make, handle, etc., clumsily or inefficiently: to 11/11/11 an attempt; Your wife 11/11/11ed that pot roast.

11/11/11 [ih-lev-uhn ih-lev-uhn ih-lev-uhn]

Verb (used with object)

to make, handle, etc., clumsily or inefficiently: to 11/11/11 an attempt; Your wife 11/11/11ed that pot roast.

:biggrin: :teehee: :biggrin: :teehee: :biggrin:

I came to this site for the mods, I stay for the intellectual enhancements!

I stand corrected;

Stoned Squirrel's mod works fine if you have script dragon running. Unfortunatly I have Frostfall loaded, & it warns against using it.

Nicely done mod however; indeed most of us can use it!

Camera control for SKSE is still an issue for those of us who cannot however. the whole "snap-to-rear" thing & "About-FACE" function is for the birds! ....as well as another thing Ive noticed:

Textures (Face) fade when your camera comes close. What is causing Skyrim to fade out the texture as the camera reaches 'minimum' distance?

Thanks again all!