Anyone knows what makes the jarls change after the Civil War?

ray34man

Greetings, this is my first post so please be patient with me, i'm trying to to figure out why when i finish the civil war quest line for the imperials, several stormcloaks jarls stay in the position, like, Skald of Dawnstar. Does anyone know what is the script or quest id that makes the previous jarls move out of the city and get replaced by new ones after the quest line ends?

So you sided with the imperials?

You have a bug in your game it should be that legionare woman of dawnstar check this link and read all the page http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Brina_Merilis.

Do you use loot from github and add it manually to MO?

Have a nice day

Yes i use loot and i have it correctly set up with Mod Organizer since it recognizes all of my mods. I mentioned Skald as an example but it's not only in Dawnstar, in Riften likewise, Maven is supposed to take over as jarl but she doesn't, fortunatly i had a save before the entire questline and i'm currently avoiding playing it until i find what's wrong with it. I was wondering what script or the quest id/stage is the one responsible for making the jarls change depending who wins the civil war. to see what could be conflicting with it. Thanks for the reply btw.

I think i might try siding with the Stormcloaks and see if the bug applies to them as well.

Edited by ray34man

So you sided with the imperials?

You have a bug in your game it should be that legionare woman of dawnstar check this link and read all the page http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Brina_Merilis.

Do you use loot from github and add it manually to MO?

Have a nice day

Yes i use loot and i have it correctly set up with Mod Organizer since it recognizes all of my mods. I mentioned Skald as an example but it's not only in Dawnstar, in Riften likewise, Maven is supposed to take over as jarl but she doesn't, fortunatly i had a save before the entire questline and i'm currently avoiding playing it until i find what's wrong with it. I was wondering what script or the quest id/stage is the one responsible for making the jarls change depending who wins the civil war. to see what could be conflicting with it. Thanks for the reply btw.

I think i might try siding with the Stormcloaks and see if the bug applies to them as well.

Sided with the Stormcloaks and again, none of the jarls that were supposed to move out have been replaced, its like something related to the script or quest of the civil war that after you take over a city, its jarl is supposed to get replaced by another of the faction you sided with. Really weird.

Post your mods and I may be able to help more

Have a nice day

Turns out the save i was using may have left over scripts or something that were messing with the civil war questline since i started a new game, went straight for the civil war quest and finally after taking over a city, it's jarl gets correctly replaced, i've completed most of the game with the bugged save but it's one of the hazards of modding skyrim i guess, thanks for the help guys.

redrakiton125 but I'm pretty sure having the peace treaty in itself essentially forces you to pick a temporary sides favour as either Ulfric or Tulius will be pissed off at you depending on who you side with? For instance if I chose to give the rift to the Imperials, Ulfric would be pissed with me.. The opposite with Markath and the Imperials.

redrakiton125 but I'm pretty sure having the peace treaty in itself essentially forces you to pick a temporary sides favour as either Ulfric or Tulius will be pissed off at you depending on who you side with? For instance if I chose to give the rift to the Imperials, Ulfric would be pissed with me.. The opposite with Markath and the Imperials.

look at the bug section in this link http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Season_Unending