• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13314 replies to this topic

RSnider

RSnider

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
Does this put any strain on the system? I'm currently stretching the abilities of my rig as is, so I was just wondering if I need to consider removing any mods to free up resources for MO.

RSnider

RSnider

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
I'm getting a lot of problems with v0_9_13. Some mods work fine, but others do not work at all. I have the correct file structure and everything shows up where it is supposed to be under the "data" tab; however, it seems that MO refuses to activate the .esp despite the mod being selected in the left pane and the corresponding esp selected in the right pane. No combination of load order makes the mod work.

Furthermore, if I remove the mod from MO and do a manual install straight to the skyrim Data folder, the mod loads and runs without any problems, so I don't think the problem is in the mods themselves.

EDIT: After further futile efforts, I realized that it is not loading ANY .esp files. What's the deal? If I don't get this sorted soon, I'm ditching MO because so far it's been nothing but a headache.

Edited by RSnider, 10 April 2012 - 07:14 AM.

AliTheLord

AliTheLord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
Tannin, could you possibly provide support for Automatic Variants (http://forums.bethso...matic-variants/) please? Thanks!

Tannin42

Tannin42

Faithful poster

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts
@valik21: I assume your problem is somehow connected to how bsas are now handled in contrast to before.
Until now, a bsa was either loaded by listing it in sResourceArchiveList or by having an esp of the same name as the bsa. In the former case, the bsa had minimum priority so every loose file would overwrite it. In the latter case, it automatically had maximum priority, so it would overwrite every loose file.
In 0.10, MO uses a trick to make it so that bsas have priority corresponding to their place in the installation order. Therefore, textures and meshes in bsas will override/be overridden as if they were loose files. This gives you full control over their priorities.
In your case, it's possible you're encountering a bug, but it's also possible you have a bsa that contains tons of files (like the high-res pack or other texture replacement mods) in a mod with high priority. Previously, if you were loading it through sResourceArchiveList, your loose files would override the files from the pack. Now, you may have to change the priority of the mod.

@doveman: MO now contains functionality similar to nitpick, so you don't need nitpick any more. Actually, it may be harmful to combine the two.

@RSnider: The strain on your system should be minimal. MO takes maybe 2-3 seconds when starting the game to generate the virtual directory but after that, the delay should barely be messurable if at all.
Regarding your esps not loading: Does MO lose the information about which plugins where checked in the right pane? your ModOrganizer/Profiles/<name of your profile> contains a file called plugins.txt. Are your esps listed here? If you start the skyrim launcher from MO, does it list the esps? Are they checked there? How are you starting the game? (i.e. other tools like SBW you use). Please be precise here or I may not be able to help you.

@everyone else: sorry I'm not answering all questions. I'm still working through the bug reports. Some are already fixed, some I'm still investigating (especially the ck thing)

doveman

doveman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
Thanks for the tip Tannin42, I'll get rid of nitpick then to avoid the chance of any issues.

doveman

doveman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
I've noticed a few issues with v10.

It's showing 83Willows_101BUGs_HighRes.esp twice at the top of the list, both with Priority and ModIndex 1. This persists after closing and restarting MO. I've searched and there's only one copy of this esp in my mods folder. I fixed this manually by editing modlist.txt which had this esp listed twice.

The BSA tab shows warnings next to several mods, such as Jaysus Swords and Horses for Followers. After ticking them and restarting, these warnings have gone so perhaps it was just warning me they were unticked! I think the BSA tab is new to v10, so I guess users attention should be drawn to it so that we don't end up not ticking these mods and then wondering why they've stopped working. This tab also shows an unticked Skyrim - Invalidation.bsa and HighResTexturePackFix.bsa. These aren't listed in my ini (I have BethHROpt.bsa in there) so I'm not sure whether they should be ticked now or not.

Set Category doesn't seem to work. I tick e.g. Visuals but when I check again it's unticked and nothing's listed if I filter by Visuals.

More a BOSS problem but it doesn't seem to be doing much as MO just shows most of the mods in alphabetical order. I'm using v1.9.1, although I did install v2 before I read that it wasn't compatible with MO. In BOSS\Skyrim (which was created by v2.0.1 on 07/04) there's a modlist.txt that's not in alphabetical order (so that seems to have done something), whereas the modlist in BOSS created by v1.9.1 is in alphabetical order except for three mods at the end.

I use ARMA II Launcher to play Arma II and that has a feature that might translate well to MO. If you look at the third screenshot here http://www.armaholic...age.php?id=8241 what it lets you do is hide certain mods on a per-profile basis, so if I switch to profile A the Available list (see screenshot 2) will only show those mods I haven't hidden for Profile A, whilst if I switch to Profile B I can have a totally separate list of Hidden mods (and thus a different Available list). This would be cool in MO, as then I could have a Performance/1024 profile which only lists on the main screen the mods that I'll be using for that profile, a HQ profile that doesn't list the Performance/1024 mods that I won't be using but instead lists the HQ/2048 mods I will be using, a simple profile that only lists a few mods, etc. This would keep the list a lot smaller and neater when trying out or comparing different versions of mods. For example, I use the HQ versions of the mods, but I had to build a profile for a friend using the 1024 versions of the mods (and disable some others that his system couldn't cope with) so I have a long list showing both the 1024 and 2048 versions of the mods, with the 1024 versions all unticked for my profile. Being able to put mods in collapsible subgroups like ARMA II Launcher would also make the list a lot more managable and easier to find and get to certain mods.

Tannin42

Tannin42

Faithful poster

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts
@everyone with problems with the CK not launching: Please ensure that update.bsa is checked in the BSA list. This seems to fix the problem for me.

@doveman: The warning in the bsa list indicate that the game will load that bsa anyway but with more or less random file priorities. Please see the help in MO for more details.
Regarding BOSS: Yes, MO 0.10 is only compatible with BOSS 2 and MO <0.10 is only compatible with BOSS 1.

I added your feature request to the issue tracker (http://issue.tannin....nizer/issues/57) though I don't know when I'll get around to it. But you can do achive something similar with categories. Create a 1024 and a HQ category, add the mods to the correct category and then filter by that when setting up a profile.

dennis1012

dennis1012

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
will this bypass 255 mod limit?
i want to use all 450ish mods i have

NihilCredo

NihilCredo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
@dennis: The limit is 255 .esp files, not 255 mods (texture replacers, for example, don't generally use .esps). But as far as I know the limit still exists, and the only way to stretch it a bit is using Wrye Bash to turn as many mods as possible into a single Bashed Patch.

doveman

doveman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

@everyone with problems with the CK not launching: Please ensure that update.bsa is checked in the BSA list. This seems to fix the problem for me.

@doveman: The warning in the bsa list indicate that the game will load that bsa anyway but with more or less random file priorities. Please see the help in MO for more details.
Regarding BOSS: Yes, MO 0.10 is only compatible with BOSS 2 and MO <0.10 is only compatible with BOSS 1.

I added your feature request to the issue tracker (http://issue.tannin....nizer/issues/57) though I don't know when I'll get around to it. But you can do achive something similar with categories. Create a 1024 and a HQ category, add the mods to the correct category and then filter by that when setting up a profile.

Ah, thanks. I didn't realise MO 0.10 worked with / required BOSS 2. Will MO 0.10 and BOSS 2 be fine with older versions of Skyrim (I'm still running 1.4.21)?

Thanks for taking my feature request on board. I haven't really used categories so I didn't realise that I could create custom ones, but it's still a bit fiddly and slow as I can't select multiple mods and assign them to a category but have to do each one individually.

Page loaded in: 0.850 seconds