Photo

What happened to the RP forums

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Sovietlukmanov

Sovietlukmanov

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
or is it just me, but it seems that the RP thread is on hold.

For several weeks I see nothing new in these part of the forums, when I (finally) became active in these forums (which is long after I registered) the RP was one of the things I wished to try out. Though it seems to stop just about now...

anyone?

Malchik

Malchik

The Wordsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
I will continue my RP if anyone is interested. I intend to send messages to those who were playing to find out if they want to go on (a couple have emailed me recently that they do). I will start with an update of the position so you can join in if you wish (and if it goes on). I do not promise anything though.

Sovietlukmanov

Sovietlukmanov

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Well, at least I know something now. I would really like to try some role playing, especially the textual quests would do me good since I'm a writer type.

Thanks Malchik, if all goes well, please update me on the progress, thanks...

Malchik

Malchik

The Wordsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
Running a role play is very time consuming and requires an incredible amount of planning by the one running it. Most who start off give up quickly. My rpg has been running for almost a year because I am fortunate enough to have the time to do the work. Most people do not have that luxury. I am not willing to start a new rpg but will take new members and update them on the current position if they wish. As long as there are three regular posters it can continue. I will pm all those who express an interest next week.

One difficulty is that rpgs by nature have a specific sequence. It is not ideal for those who wish to 'write' unless it is understood that the amount written is not the issue but what is asked or done in the post. In other words by all means write what the character thinks or believes but end up with a question or statement to which the one who is running the rpg must respond.

It does give a huge amount of scope as long as that simple rule is followed.

Sovietlukmanov

Sovietlukmanov

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Well, I read most of the rules, tips and other stickies in the rp forums. and yes, I think I've covered most of the rules. By writer type, I don't mean write all over the place, I meant that it would make me write details and stuff I read over the stickies here. Alright, I'll wait then, thanks...

RA22

RA22

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
If there is still place I want join.

IndorilTheGreat

IndorilTheGreat

House Indoril

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
Yes Malichik (is that how it's spelled?). I agree with you. I just got interested in RPing on the forums, and when I started, the thread just kind of died...

Apparently the starter of above said thread, hasn't checked on it since...

Oh yeah, and if there's room, I'll join your game too. :biggrin:

JimiJons

JimiJons

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Someone say room? May I join?

RA22

RA22

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

I see noone gived answers to your questions, so I will try.

Only rpg that is active now is Master of Zooz. But it is going realy slow, one or two posts (by one player) every week. There is now 4 of us that are included in game. (3 players and Game Master) Game Master is Malchik ,so try contacting him about joining.
I hope I helped you.

JimiJons

JimiJons

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I see noone gived answers to your questions, so I will try.

Only rpg that is active now is Master of Zooz. But it is going realy slow, one or two posts (by one player) every week. There is now 4 of us that are included in game. (3 players and Game Master) Game Master is Malchik ,so try contacting him about joining.
I hope I helped you.

You did. Thank you. :thanks:

Page loaded in: 1.090 seconds