Community Project

khazerruss

This is a thread about the DESF Community Project.

Here the nexus community can link files to be used in first official OtutfitPack!

The Idea of this outfit pack is to replace all vanilla outfits, so both you and every NPC can use the custom outfits and the vanilla stuff can be removed from the game.

Just a reminder you can create your own Outfit Packs.

Instructions(for this pack only):

-All female clothing have to be compatybile with CBBE Slim (Cuz I use it, sorry :P)

-Male clothing should fit the vanilla body

-All clothing have to be in Fallout postapocaliptic climate

-NCR and Legion (from FNV) outfits are not allowed

-If you create a full outfit (not only a part) please go to Items - > Outfit and crate new form there and add all parts of your outfit. Please name it with DESF prefix.

So that's all for it! Hope you like the idea of the project and the framework of course.

I'm open to all feetback, so feel free comment and share your opinion here.

Also, ask as many questions as you like. I'm happy to answer!

Cheers.

Hi khazerruss

I kinda like the idea of having a framework respective of certain conventions to avoid clipping and i will in the future work on some armors for Fallout.

On the other hand, some of your TOS restrictions are an absolute no go for me. Starting with point #01

1) By creating any file that's slave to DesolateEquipSlotFramewok.esp you agree and give me full rights to use, edit and redistribute this file as long as you are credited and also acknowlede and give me permission to credit you.

That alone drove me away to ever mod for your framework. This is nvidia TOS level of control and was the reason i did not enter the contest. If you reconsider it, you may drive more people into your framework.

Then #02

2) You agree that I can decide to put your mod down from nexusmods.com if in my opinion it doesn't match the 'Terms of Use' or 'Instructions' section on this site.

So it's up to you to decide if the content an other creator made was a waste of his time or not ... again ... no go.

Also

-All clothing have to be in Fallout postapocaliptic climate

-NCR and Legion (from FNV) outfits are not allowed

Those points are kinda of limiting artisticly speaking, for no other reasons than you personal tastes. And that is not good at all for a framework. I hope those points are exclusively part of your "for this pack only".

Anyway i wish you luck in your projects.

Regards.

Edited by 5like

To be honest I didn't expect that my 'Terms of Use' section will give the mod so much negative feetback from the community.

(yeah, some other people were complaining too)

BUT THE PROJECT IS FOR THE COMMUNITY!

I will change the terms of use section even today so they are more comfortaable to modders!

Edited by khazerruss

Hi khazerruss. Really interesting... I understand the idea here is to have most clothes and outfits split into smaller parts for more customization? If it's the case, then I'm all for it. Any outfit packs in the works?

Hi Dielos! Yeah, that's the case.

This is the thread of the official outfit pack. The point of its called the "Community Project" is to replace all vanilla outfits so both Player and the NPC will use custom outfits.

You can post links to any files you prepared for the project in this thread. I'll then be putting them in game. They will be framework-integrated.

I'll be converting the vault suit to give all who want to participate in the project the example.

Edit: Ok, I'm not doing the vault suit. I'll add a new armor.

Edit2: I give up. Crating one armor would take me a month. In this time I could create like 10 next frameworks...

Edited by khazerruss