Site redesign - sneak peek - part 1

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #41268975.

Brigand231 wrote: I'm anxious to find out if games will get their separate, specific image and file forums back so that we can keep current with comments for specific games.

They won't until we actually come to binning the IPB forums altogether. It's a fundamental flaw of the forum software that it begins to impact server performance massively the more categories your forum has.

This won't be "fixed" for a long time yet.

What ever happened to the "Guest Contributors" you used to have on the current site? I mean you used to have for example a video by a mod author, Gopher for example, explaining his new mod or a mod from another author. I miss that kind of content on the front page and when you stopped having those videos there it was a downer. I do like the over all feel and design of the new site and look forward to using it. I know it will take time as I have been using the Nexus since...can't remember, but you only hosted 2 games....LOL. I love the hard work that you put into the site and I truly do appreciate everything you do to try and improve it, whether good or bad, at least you tried. Stagnation kills most sites off. Good luck and I wish you all the best in "Making the Nexus Great Again"...LOL.

Thanks always =)

In response to post #41268885. #41269455, #41269515 are all replies on the same post.

EnaiSiaion wrote: Yay the site is usable on phones! <3
vault75 wrote: Why would you download a mod on a phone?
piotrmil wrote: Perhaps to monitor one's page, or respond to comments? Although god knows how can one do that on a non-existent keyboard.

I typed up an essay for one of my courses on my phone man, it's more feasible than you'd think.

In response to post #41269530.

JimmyRJump wrote: People are creatures of habit. Or, at least, I am one. Therefor, and although I love innovation, I don't always welcome change. Because it's annoying to having to adapt to uncharted territory from something that has become comfortably familiar.

On the other hand, you lot don't seem to be people who change stuff just to be hip or to go with the latest trends, so, I trust you and although not looking forward to it, I will embrace the new surroundings with open arms. First might have to move some clutter from the desks to my left and right, mind...

My only hope is that there will still be "new today" pages for the latest added mods, as those are the links I keep in my bookmarks for the games I've played/am playing.

Thanks for keeping us informed ;)

I said more or less the same thing about the last redesign. I've gotten used to this, but was never fully comfortable with it.

I quite like the look of the new design though.

In response to post #41268975. #41270010 is also a reply to the same post.

Brigand231 wrote: I'm anxious to find out if games will get their separate, specific image and file forums back so that we can keep current with comments for specific games.
Dark0ne wrote: They won't until we actually come to binning the IPB forums altogether. It's a fundamental flaw of the forum software that it begins to impact server performance massively the more categories your forum has.

This won't be "fixed" for a long time yet.

I do remember how and why it happened. Thanks for leaving me with hope that perhaps sometime down the road if might be looked in to.