Imperial VS Stormcloak

Jackal2233

Yes, Oblivion was indeed rather straight forward. Still remember the great houses of Morrowind, though it was still rather straight forward depending on your character. Now the civil war in Skyrim makes everything a lot more grey, giving it a lot more depth. It seems I'm no longer used to having such political intrigue lol, such a freakin' tough decision!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how I view it.

The Empire is a shadow of it's former self, but they still want unity. Everyone that sides with the Stormcloaks thinks that the Empire wants to completely control Skyrim. That is not true. Look at Morrowind for example, they weren't fully controlled by the Empire, they kept their ways with their presence. The Stormcloaks are naive, rascist, and their rebellion is misplaced. The Empire just wants to lay down some rules and have unity. And if you notice a lot of people are on the Empire's side because the Empire is essentially keeping them all alive. And in a few years who's not to say the Empire will be in full swing again. Another thing, yeah the Emperor is dragonblood, but how could he be, Martin was the last of the line. When the Aldmeri Dominion took over, the Empire didn't have a choice, some could say they fight till their death (it's more honorable that way), but we are forgetting the Empire is here for good reasons/intentions. Do you really think they wanted to ban the worship of Talos, they worshiped him as well. If the Stormcloaks had any common sense they'd ally themselves with the Empire in order to take down the Aldmeri Dominion. I'm a Dunmer assassin/thief/daedra worshiper/dwemer lover and I side with the Empire. The Stormcloaks are rebels against the wrong group, Ulfric just wants to be high king as well. Ulfric betrayed his own land, so how much does that have to say about the Stormcloaks now? And guess what's going to happen if the Empire gets pushed out of Skyrim? The Dominion will come in and kill/enslave Nords. The Empire is keeping the Dominion out.

I made this sound like I completely hate the Stormcloaks, I don't, I just think that their rebellion is misplaced. I do however hate their racism. In all honestly the Dominion could wipe them out fairly quickly.

Edited by Lord Revan X

The way i see it, both sides are right. The differance is in volume.

The Stormcloaks fight for Skyrim.

The Empire fights for Tamriel.

Personally, i don't give a rats ass about Skyrim when the whole contenant is on the line. The Nords can suck it up for a few decades while we put those damned Thalmor into the ground like we did in the Second Age. Then they can get back to their heathen Talos worship. Me? Azura, Meridia and Nocturnal are the only gods i need.

The Empire has collapsed. Skyrim and High Rock are already the only provinces left of the hollowed out carcass of the thing we fought for in Morrowind; everyone else bar the Redguard already left it without a fight happening! And the Redguard left entirely because the Empire didn't want to fight for them. They then proved that you don't need the Empire to defeat the Thalmor, since the Redguard pushed them out not just on their own, but from the starting disadvantage of already being occupied.

So far the Empire has turned crushing tactical victory into strategic defeat on a mind bogglingly epic scale. Rubbish to the idea that the Empire could have truly been 'exhausted' if a single Nord hold can orchestrate an entire civil war for the succession of Skyrim. The Empire was flat out cowardly, and Jarl Balgruuf openly states that the Jarls were never consulted regarding the humiliating peace the laughable Empire imposed upon them for its own failure. Ulfrics plans, if anyone bothers talking to him after the civil war instead of vaguely complaining about him, involve Skyrim arming itself for war. Doesn't sound like any shortage of fight in them to me.

As a hilariously powerful and influential Dragonborn with direct access to Ulfric, a bit of racism is something I can viably beat out of him in the aftermath of the game. What I can't do is turn the joke of an Empire back into something that isn't a Thalmor puppet indulging in torture, religious persecution and instant execution of undesirables as a standard mode of operation.

After finishing most of the major quests I decided I would join with the Empire. I thought that getting closer to them would allow me to get closer to the Thalmor, which would subsequently allow me to kill them off.. I guess I hoped for too much. I liked Ulfric at the beginning but he soon grew intolerable. To be honest, I didn't like either faction and I felt that I ultimately chose the lesser of two evils. That's my two cents.

The way i see it, both sides are right. The differance is in volume.

The Stormcloaks fight for Skyrim.

The Empire fights for Tamriel.

Personally, i don't give a rats ass about Skyrim when the whole contenant is on the line. The Nords can suck it up for a few decades while we put those damned Thalmor into the ground like we did in the Second Age. Then they can get back to their heathen Talos worship. Me? Azura, Meridia and Nocturnal are the only gods i need.

Yeah....where's Talos when you need him, all I know is that Talos believers are all weird, like that old man in Whiterun that scream non-stop~

Definately Imperials. Anyone who isn't an imperial is retarded (unless they are stormcloak for roleplaying purposes)

1. Ulfric murdered High King Torygg. He put the Torygg in a situation where he can not refuse Ulfric's challenge, and then instead of fighting like a man, he shouted him and stabbed him in his stunned state.

2. Empire banned the Talos worship for the sole purpose of achieving a ceasefire with the Thalmor. General Tullius and other imperial military officers view the Thalmor as their enemy. The Stormcloaks, instead of revolting against the Thalmor with gruella tactics, they revolt against the Empire, weakening it. If the empire can not defeat the Thalmor, a divided empire stands no chance.

3. The Nords are racist bastards. They are very racist against Argonians, Dark Elves, and High Elves. I understand High Elves cause they are the Thalmor, but Argonians and Dark Elves?

So in summary, Stormcloaks are RACISTS who DO NOT FIGHT FAIRLY, and their cause is benefiting the Thalmor, therefore, they are RETARDED.

The only reason why I would ever help the Stormcloaks is because the Empire tried to kill me.

If my character is the type that "Doesn't take s*** from anyone", he would definately join the stormcloaks to kill the empire for vengeance, also because he doesn't give a s*** about politics.

Edited by someonenoone11

Well my problem is both sides suck. They are whiners and unlikable. Myself I killed the Emperor Via Dark Brotherhood. From there I did many faction quests and side quests. I never chose to either join the Imperials or the Stormcloaks. I finished the main quest line killed aldeulin received nothing for it as a reward, and the ending was lame. From there you can then join either side at that point for the civil war, which made all my work to stay neutral and broker a truce of peace with the Greybeards pointless, not to mention even though you are Dragonborn and saved the world, you still cannot be Emperor or High King. So I've shelfed the game so to speak till some mods come out or a patch or expansion that gives you the option to become High King or Emperor if you stay neutral and bring peace to the civil war prior to finishing the main quest line.

My view on things:

The Stormcloak is shortsigthed, racsistic, and fights for Skyrim. Not seing that doing that, will break up the empire and lose them Skyrim to the Thalmor.

The Legion is crumbling. They do, however, know what the Thalmor can do, and try to avoid it. Then comes Ulfric and tries to weaken an allready broken down legion.

The Thalmor deem themself more than man, and fights for Tamriel. They have a small problem, since they can not take down the last countries without heavy casualties within Skyrim. Then comes the Stormcloak, and they see an oppertunity to take the whole place with close to zero Thalmor death.

I stand by the Thalmor, for being clever enough. Then I stand by the Empire, for seing the bigger picture. Then I loathe the Stormcloak. They don't see more than their next step.

because he doesn't give a s*** about politics.

Even then, would missplaced anger be worth losing your own country?

That's what I love about the start of Skyrim! Not just do you get introduced a dragon kicking everybody ass, you get to see some interesting action. The Empire who seem bad, trying to kill you and the Stormcloak who seem noble and tries to help you. Then you figure out the legion is the lesser of 2 evils, and is the one who got a chance to stand against the Thalmor.