Found your own empire/cult/guild

MisterGreen16

*Warning might be a big project*

FOUND YOUR OWN EMPIRE/CULT/GUILD

Hey all,

Well you have people making "Guild Master" or any other create your own guild mod or even create your own hold mod... but what about your own empire?

I've faught for the Imperial Legion... I've faught for the Stormcloaks... but I've had enough of fighting for them... In fact I don't want either of them becoming rulers of Skyrim... In fact I want to RULE! I want to become High King and rule over all of Skyrim...

My idea for a mod is basically the player (You, not your neighbour, not your cat... unless it has fingers, a thumb and likes to play video games then cool... BUT NOT YOUR PARROT!!), before or after you kill Alduin are approached by a man/woman who has a small group of followers... people who have fallen on their knees for the Dovakin, who have heard many legends of the Dovakin and have heard stories of how powerful and strong you are and all you have accomplished. The man/woman comes to you with a tempting offer... take lead of the group of followers, teach them, train them to become a better self, to reach their potential and to ultimately become stronger. If you accept the offer, you then meet the group (enter diagloue/story line where the group bow to you and praise you or whatever). You are given a choice to choose from a few/several different options for what the aim of the group should be for example you can choose to create your own guild or a cult (possibly have a predefined system for different types of guild/cults) or you can start your own empire (which starts off as a guild or cult then slowly changes over to an empire as it gets bigger and it is inputed into the game as a legitimate empire once your empire is big enough i.e you have a big enough house to call a hold and you have enough followers if thats possible).

After you choose what you want to aim for you will then have to train them by taking them as a follower on other quests or by sendong them on their own quest and giving them gear and spellbooks to learn from. Over time word of your group spreads and you are approached by people in the world and are asked if they can join your group you can then send them on a test quest to do something which they will do if they don't get put off by your choice (you are given multiple choices of different tests some hard, some scary some with a prison sentence and some easy?) if they manage to pass the test then they will come to you again with proof (if you sent them to kill 3 draugers maybe their heads or gear as proof?). If you are happy with them then you can accept them into your fold (Maybe offer the player a choice of initiations into their group once it gets to about 15 followers and the choice of different types of initiations e.g swear fealty to the player or taking an oath or drinking dragon blood of a dragon they helped the player kill).

As your group gets bigger (The default group starts off from about 7 lets say), to about 20 you will be approached again by the man/woman who first approached you (who i will now call RM = Right hand man) and he/she will tell you that the group is getting big and that you need to find a suitable hide out or house to stay in (custom houses should be acceptable) before this the group would not have a set hideout meaning they will go about their own business only interacting by post or face to face meetings lets say or there could be a camp site somewhere near riften?. After you find a new place for the group to stay you will slowly see the place filling up with your 20+ followers as they each get news of your new hideout for them.

Once you reach 25+ followers and you have a new home you are again approached by RM saying "your *guild/cult/empire* is growing my Lord, it is time for us to get organised and settled here in our new home." You will then get the option to Organise into different systems i.e Order/Freedom/Dictatorship/Cult/Empire choosing one of these will not change your groups aim but rather how the group is organised and how it operates (loads different AI package maybe). Choosing Order will make your group follow a system that makes them.... dont know how to explain it so i'll just say Illuminati... One world order... that sort of thing... Anyone play The Secret World? Freedom will make it a friendly nice atmosphere group... where each member has his or her own rights kind of thing.. picture the Na'vi from James Camerons Avatars... Dictatorship - self explanatory. Cult will make the group into a following that revolves around the player as in the player is a messiah and they all worship him kind of thing. Empire would be organised as any empire/country would be i.e the Jarl is the player and then he has his council of advisors and each NPC runs his own part there will be a proper system for crime etc. but the followers would look to the player more as a king/leader than anything else.

----

You will gain followers not by going into the world and telling people to join but instead each time you complete a quest depending on the difficulty of that quest and whether it was a main storyline or not you will then recieve a set number of followers e.g easy quest earns you 1/2 followers a medium quest earns you 3/4 and hard quest earns you a random number 5+ upto 10. You will recieve them upon completion of the quest. - These quests will be default game quests and maybe also other quests mods?

New NPC should be added to the game for this mod... ones with different kills or purpose i.e smallfolk, blacksmith, shopkeeper, stables man, guards, sellsords etc. And as your empire grows you will be approached by different people with a specific skill set e.g Vet. soldier/commander who ends up becoming your Captain of the guards type person or military commander.

You could make it so that the player can buy a large enough plot of land and your followers begin building a proper hold, you could give the player a choice of Hold ideas and then whichever the player chooses is what gets built. - Instead of using a default home or custom house this can be another option... or if you get permission from the modder you could use other player home/castle/hold mods as options.. whichever is chosen is whats loaded in that land...

The hold will get bigger and construction will complete as in game days pass by, you could make it so that at a set specific amount of days the construction will be at different points. To make things quick the whole construction of your new hold/base can be completed after 20 days or for those who want the immersion 5 years...lol. - optional

You can give the player a selection of different guards uniform to choose from or they can have a mannequin that they will have to put gear in to be used as the uniform.

You can have the player have an Elite guard which protects him in his Hall, the Elite guard group can be given a custom name by the player and either a selection of uniform or a mannequin.

This will need an AI package thats specific for the players empire but should run similar to any other hold.

Offer the player a selection of emblems to use as the symbol of his/her empire. - maybe even the option of merging 2 choices into 1 if it looks good.

have NPC as council to the player. each with his or her own duty that they will do. e.g treasurer will manage the empires money and tax etc. Captain of the Guard will manage crimes and the guards and the prison or you can add a prison ward. - Make it so the player can approach each NPC and get them to do a specific thing e.g Treasurer - increase/decrease tax. Captain of the Guard - Put hold on Lock down no one gets in no one gets out / look for spies inside the hold etc.

You can add operations to the mod, where if the player sits on his/her throne a menu pops up with different operations. e.g Kill local bandits, patrol the hold/vicinity of hold, kidnap Legion/stormcloak solder/courier to interrogate for information -can be simple lore info or info of current state of each empire or how close to civil war the game is etc.

Once the Hold is stable and running smoothly and made a legitimate empire you can make it so the player is given a letter or approached by a ambassador from legion and stormcloack asking you to meet them. Once the player goes to meet them, both factions ask the player what it is they are after and lets say the conversation is going 1 way then the legion or stormcloak could end up asking the player and his empire to support either side but if the conversation goes another way then you will make an enemy of them or just stay neutral or to make things interesting you could end up making either faction swear fealty to you - with it working in the game... they do your bidding, support and protect your hold and empire etc.

After the above has happened you are given more options in operations such as, patrol local vicinity looking for either faction (Legion = L Stormcloacks = S) and kill them or rob them, send squad of soldiers to pillage a L/S encampment. Send spies to either faction to steal items/plans/current strengths etc.

You can make it so the players empire is his own as a third empire/faction in the game.

You can make it so the player has the option of fighting L but supporting S till L is neutralised or lost then turn on S for supreme rule of Skyrim. Vice Versa. or Side with either 1 faction and then co exist - Boring! but some may like that idea.

Make the players hold added into the game as a default hold if possible or some way to make it so that trade between holds and cities happen and NPC's visit the players hold + empire...

Add dialogue to the mod + storyline. Add dialogue to NPC's so that as the player is roaming Skyrim he/she can hear people talk about the players empire and how it is and their opinion of it or whatever.

Have the players empire nameable by the player - obviously

make it so that the player can make other holds and cities swear fealty to his/her empire just like it normally happens with Stormcloaks and legion...

Give the player an army and guards that are seperate... Army for the civil war and guards to protect the players holds.

----------------------

I do have more ideas for this but I think what i've said makes it big enough lol....

Happy for suggestions to this

Happy for modders to use ideas from this in other mods although give credit for where you got the idea from :wink:

If a modder or modding team rather takes this idea up and creates it then all creation credit to you but i'd like credit for the idea.

This is a big mod idea - even without the other ideas spewing in my head and it might be impossible to create but i thought i'd share it anyways incase someone somewhere could make it happen..... *Looks at you*....

If a modder/team takes up this idea and wants my input through its creation you can PM me.

Anyways peace out and hopefully this idea is possible... because otherwise I would've spent this long typing it all out for naught :/

Edited by MisterGreen16