Skybroom

Ok so install blender 2.7 then go here https://github.com/niftools/blender_nif_plugin/releases.

Install this

Blender Nif Plugin 2.6.0 Pre Alpha - Experimental

and you are good to go.

Just don't expect simple and easy.

Also use this link to export http://beyondskyrim.org/2016/04/24/exporting-blender-2-7-skyrim/

Believe me, that was my steps. And these are still installed. Tutorial will come in handy, thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its specific to the 2.49b workflow.

One of steps to use the fallout 3 nif file format as a bridge for reaching the skyrim nif format.

for example, naming the vertex group BO_TORSO instead of SBP_32_BODY as you would call it for skyrim.

The same crap with vanilla mesh.

With default settings (20.0.0.5) the error message is:

""failed to load file header (version 14020007, 20.2.0.7)""

"failed to load nif from 'C:/Users/User/Desktop/BU/Vanilla-bsa/vanilla-Ms/meshes/actors/manekin/manekin.nif'"

In case I change it to 20.0.0.7:

""Unsupported 'Startup Version' 20.0.0.7 specified, reverting to 20.0.0.5""

""failed to load file header (version 14020007, 20.2.0.7)""

"failed to load nif from 'C:/Users/User/Desktop/BU/Vanilla-bsa/vanilla-Ms/meshes/actors/manekin/manekin.nif'"

I've tried downloading from this link (version

nifskope-1.1.0-rc1.1bbf520-windows.exe

down the page)

https://github.com/amorilia/nifskope/downloads

So I have 3 NifSkopes on my Desktop. Only first one I have installed - NifSkope-nightly-20140710 - opens nifs.

Maybe you have not properly installed the versions of nif.xml

This is specific to 2.49b workflow.

for nifscope each nif.xml exists in the same folder as nifsikope.exe

and you should download this from the source i gave y9ou because the correct nif.xml is included.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/download/11599

Though you may have but one nifskope installed in the registry you dont have to install the nifskope, just run various versions without installing em.

to install the modified nifskripts from http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/download/1000129945

This nif.xml must be placed in in Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\pyffi\formats/nifxml\

The import and export scripts are installed into their own Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\blender\.blender\scripts\import\ and \export\ folders

Keep a backup of the original files you replaced so you can uninstall this and work on different nif versions if you want to.

so u must have many different versions of nif.xml installed here and there . I guess it could have been confusing you i probably should have been explicit about this earlier.

Edited by baduk

Its specific to the 2.49b workflow.

One of steps to use the fallout 3 nif file format as a bridge for reaching the skyrim nif format.

for example, naming the vertex group BO_TORSO instead of SBP_32_BODY as you would call it for skyrim.

Ah, I've already done it via NifSkope, as I saw something like this in one of the tuts.

Well, I guess I'd better give up with Blender for now. Though I can work with 3d model after watching a few videos, though it's highly engaging, I can't provide model's import\export, can't see it in game. Too complicated. Gonna use all that stuff from other - more educated - authors, and make it standalone.

Pity, that I have no opportunity to edit models on my own, should be be satisfied with NifSkope tweaking.

Btw, couldn't I remove some polygones (faces, vertices, I don't know) via NifSkope to prevent body from clipping through the cloth? We have all the NiTriShape Data in our hands, don't we?

http://imgdepo.com/id/i9623367.jpg

Why do we have to import it to 3D editor? Let it be a bit rough...

Never tried that deleting verts in nifskope, a number of things in nif will reference the vertices indicated and if those get updated automatically you should be ok.

So maybe you are a bit tired. of troubleshooting, so take a day off. but it would be a shame to give up since you are close to getting it working.

I dont think there is anyone who is educated about the issue we are talking about. each person has to get the thing working and everyone has experienced the problems similar to yours. I have of course struggled to get nifs to import, mostly years ago with fallout 3 and also oblivion. but again with skyrim because the tutorials are outdated. and i will probably have some trouble when i try to work with fallout 4 or the new version of skyrim. but once u get it working once, its easier than before. cause if u never got it working before it seems almost as if there is just another problem waiting once you solve the one infront of you.

Anyway, I have helped people get it working before, and then the thread is probably seen by some other people helping them also. its pretty worthwhile i think. but only if u eventually succeed.

so take a day off

That sounds like you are my boss )))

Allright, I realize all the responsibility of me troubleshooting in the face of the crowd (well, other people). I'm gonna take a day off. Then I'm gonna try with 3Ds max to see if it's easier to deal with. NOt a bit easier with installation, I've already made sure.

And what about nifskope editing, experimenting with verts deleting on your own? You seem to be highly experienced modder.

The NIF file format is not very forgiving when used in Skyrim. It does not take much of an error to produce 1. Nothing at all - can't see it or use it, 2. A huge crash somewhere in the game, most often the first time you try to use see the item you modded, 3. The game will just fail to start. 4. Some simple mesh error where you see some bit of mesh with its texture bounding off into the vanishing point of the games perspective.

Those are the usuals that can occur, however in saying all that there are two other things. 1. I don't think there is anyone here in this community that knows *all the fucntions within a NIF file and what they do*, 2. I have done things in a NIF file that I did not think could be possible but I did it and it worked.

So, feel free to experiement away, you may teach all of us a thing or two if it works - just remember what you did so you can relate it to us.

Get yourself into the Autodesk community and forums as soon as you can. You will get quite a bit of help with 3dMax from there.

Get yourself into the Autodesk community and forums as soon as you can. You will get quite a bit of help with 3dMax from there.

I've turned to be a student. Got myself into Autodesk.com and installed the 3-year 3Ds Max, installed the nif-plugin. I have netimmerse\gamebryo function. I am able to export\import nifs. But I am still annoying you guys with my troubles - there's no textures on an imported mesh in 3Dmax's Render. All the tuts I've seen display a perfectly visible textures.

Though I can fugure out the reason: my 32-bit Windows system does not fit the requirements. You see, all that free-downloadable software on Autodesk.com is for 64-bit, all the versions down the 2010. The latter only have a 32-bit option.

So, what should I do? I can't afford editing armor? - that sucks.

The Autodesk search gave me only one reference to a discussion on a slightly similar problem. The guy was asking for help a year age, and seems to did not get one.

When you get stuck you get stupid. I may miss something quite simple, some condition, or... I don't know. :confused:

If you have a 32 bit cpu then you can't use a 64 bit software.Only if you have a 64 bit cpu you can use 32 bit software and 64 bit software.

Also this should show you some diffrences between the two http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/32-bit-64-bit-operating-systems/

Get a new cpu that is 64 the bit or use blender and learn it by hearth these are the options

Have a nice day

Not too much of an issue. Just check on the autodesk forum that your licence can be transferred to the 32bit version and download and install that one from Autodesk.

Oops, forget that comment. I just re-read the prior post. This may not solve your problem (as far as I can understand) version 9 is the last of the 3dMax 32bit programs.

I will do some research for you.

Edited by freddagg