My house is gone!

HipsterSurasshu

I installed Skyrim completed new yesterday with the Legendary Edition and installed some of my old mods to continue playing with my old char and then all of sudden, my house, Lakeview Manor, wasn't there!

That is quite the problem for me, because my entire equipment is stored in there and it would be a disaster if it would be lost forever.

There's no easy way to fix that, but you still should be able to go inside using console command "coc BYOHHouse1Falkreath" to get your stuff at least ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

There's no easy way to fix that, but you still should be able to go inside using console command "coc BYOHHouse1Falkreath" to get your stuff at least :wink:

Close to one year later, now that I got the Special Edition, I tried the console command you gave me but unfortunately was all I got the entry hall of the house without the other rooms I have built back then, only a giant blank room or sky, I was literally walking through the sky there. I also don't have any other savefiles except the one I made before deinstalling the game back then.

300 hours of gaming simply gone because of some bug, great. Although I could try the Legendary Edition at this and maybe it works then.

Edited by HipsterSurasshu

There's quite a lot of bugs with the housebuilding stuff in combination with some other mods but even without them.. sometimes if you are using the carpenter workbench and the scripting engine is busy then the system which should recognize in what place you are actually building can fail so I once ended up with two houses built inside each other in one place - so consider your situation only a slight hickup :D

If you still have the old save file you can send it to me and I could go through it and tell you at least if the house and all the stuff in the save game still exists or if it is really gone completely, It may be even possible to tranfer the stuff into your inventory and reset the housebuilding quests but that depends on quite a lot of variables ;)