Questions about disabling saving and nexus' rules on porting

StrangeAngelx92

First, i was curious about the rules of porting, one rather long question in particular. I legally own both games, if i were to create a mod that used fallout 3 textures/meshes but did not include said meshes/textures in my upload file, but instead added a semi-detailed (as it is rather easy) instructions via a readme on how to set up the extraction of and path files to, the Fallout 3 assets used in my mod, would that be ok to upload?

Second, on a completely unrelated note, i was wondering if it is possible to create an activator or other object or script that could disable saving from point A to point B? (IE. once you enter point A it would disable the ability to save, kind of like how you cant save when looking at the pip-boy, then when you reach point B it would re-activate the ability to save.)

the only mod i have installed is NVSE, would i need another mod to be able to modify the ability to save, if so could you point me in the right direction.

I've tried to find info on this myself but all I've been able to find is info on how to reduce save bloat and things like that, any help/answers on any of these points would be appreciated.

You cannot port any assets but the instructions would require someone having both games installed just get files for the other. Many mod users would be turned off by that alone. Also i dont believe your allowed to tell people how to port the assets but i dont remember the rule on that.

(note the Nexus rules on porting are based on legal matters meanig the reason the site doesnt allow it is that porting beth assets to any other game is illegal.)

Many assets from FO3 are already present in the FNV data. This are OK to add to your mod.

Thanks to Miax and his Fallout asset comparison you can check these easily.

For the non shared assets, having the folder path ready without the assets added and a clear and detailed instruction on which assets need to be copied where, would be the way to go. You can find a few mods made on that model on Nexus.

Of course, your mod will be usable only by people who own both game. This should be clearly stated in the description.

Too bad that list doesn't also include the DLC's as there are both shared assets in vanilla FNV with the F3 DLC's and the NV DLC's added a whole lot more of the assets from FO3, even ones never used or included in F3 originally. Lonesome Road has a bunch of these F3 assets which were cut from F3 for ex.

that was what i was thinking pixelhate, thanks. the assets i wanted to use were things like the Chinese weapons and buildings like tenpenny tower and the buildings from anchorage (the interiors seem to be include in FNV just not the tower itself) and also the trees, so the instructions wont be too hard to follow (hopefuly). ill have to take a look at that list before i do anything, so that i don't port redundant assets.

anyone have any thoughts on disabling saving between points A & B

Edited by StrangeAngelx92