Fantasy Life: Unlimited Discussion and information thread

josh900

Fantasy Life: Unlimited is a brand new RP set in a first of it's kind, virtual reality MMO that spans across a hundred different zones, each one with a different setting from the next, ranging from typical swords and sorcery fantasy, to high tech, space exploration era sci-fi worlds. All of which are loosely tied together with a plot of an encroaching darkness that only the players can defeat.

The game's leveling system is rather simple, the more you do something, the better you become at it, whether it's swinging a certain type of weapon, or crafting a certain type of object.

The class system is also simple, there isn't one. When first creating a character you are given a choice of basic equipment and you simply go from there enjoying the fact that no equipment type blocks you off from certain skills. Want to be a wizard that wears full plate armor? Go right ahead, there's no reasons not to save for the usual RPG armor conventions. You know what those are, big and heavy slow you down, small and fast keeps you light on your feet.

In the RP itself it'll all be simply enough really so don't worry too much about the numbers game if you don't want to.

Furthermore I would like it if instead of this requiring one person to set the scenes and plotlines, I think everyone would agree that it would be best if everyone involved got a say in the RP, so if you have any ideas for plotlines or zone types, please share them here, this RP is going to cover a lot of different situations and settings so the more ideas that pour in, the better it'll be.

The rules will be the usual sort, Those of you that have been in an RP on these forums will know then by now. For that that don't they are easy enough to follow.

1) Have fun. If you are finding yourself always irritated or unhappy...then why are you here. Figure out the issue or go do something else.
2) Never forget the line between RP In Character and Out of Character and don't cross it. It is easy, especially when you have particularly intense RP, to take things personally. Don't....99% of the time it isn't all about you.
3) Start with a well made character. Have a decent background and personality to make your RP more fun and easier. Your character doesn't have to be set in stone. But having a solidly made character is important or your RP may peter out. Have your character have likes/dislikes, goals, dreams, an arch-enemy....this will help you flesh them out even more and bring them to life.
4) Relationship RP should be the ICING not the CAKE! Make it a side-quest if you will...not the main one.
5) You have to give a little to get a little. We all have RP storylines in which we want others to engage. That is what makes it fun, right? But if you find a friend knee-deep in a RP of their own, don't come in and hijack the RP for yourself or refuse to participate because its not all about YOU. Have fun and throw your lot in with them! Trust me, when your time comes around, people will remember that you play well with others.
6) Don't be a MaryJane! Don't decide that you are going to be a half-dragon or the long-lost illegitimate son of the King of Whoville. It doesn't work, it probably isn't in the lore anywhere, and it will lead only to your RP downfall. Eventually your “special” character will begin to dominate everyone else and their RP. No one will want to play with you...so make your character special in other ways.
7) No godmoding!! Remember, you only control YOUR character and not others. When you RP, do not take over the actions of other Rpers.
For example: Jon casts a frostbolt at Matt knocking him back into the wall and breaking his arms.
Instead try: Jon cast a frostbolt hoping to hit Matt and knocking him out of the way.
This allows the other player to take action. You can have decided before hand how this will go out. You can roll to see what actions happen or how bad an injury is.
8 )Soap Opera-ing. Many of us have wanted to play our character as crazy, a total badass or having an illness or amnesia. Those can all be valid and fun stories. The doom is in taking it too far or too long. These kind of stories ultimately leave little RP options for those around you. Always have movement and a goal in your RP...otherwise it goes nowhere.
9) Be willing to RP with anyone, anytime. Just because you are in a guild or Rping with a friend doesn't mean you can't include others. Walk-Up RP can lead to great things...or simply pass the time for a bit. If others don't RP EXACTLY like you...no sweat. Perhaps they are new and need some gentle guidance. So be open to everything!
10) Communication is the key. Always establish your RP boundaries when you are Rping with someone long-term. If you don't like swearing...or a particular kind of violence...or if you will take anything coming down the pike! Let others know. It avoids awkward and unpleasant conversations later.
These next are mostly just polite suggestions but they'll make everyone's lives easier if they're followed.
:Try and keep things civil OOC, I know that I can be considered guilty of not following this myself, so I know first hand how quickly downhill things can go if this isn't followed. If someone or something has gotten you too angry to stay pleasant, try and get someone who's in a nicer mood than you are to explain the situation.
:While sometimes it's fun to play a character that may not mesh well with others, it's usually a good idea to avoid purposefully making someone who isn't going to get along well with a group. It's makes your experience much better and gives you many more RPing opportunities besides having the character sit in a corner by themselves and brood.
:If you have an idea, Please share it. I know I'm repeating myself here but I'd rather this RP not be reliant on just one person in order to advance the story, everyone should get a fair, and equal opportunity to add to this. This setting opens up a wealth of possibilities too vast for just one person to come up with. So quest ideas, zones, random encounters, places of interest, you name it you share it.
That should be about all unless anyone else has any rules to add on here. Now for the good stuff.
Character sheet
Name:
Character name:
Appearance: (Unlike most games, looks are based entirely around the real world character, appearance modifications are unlocked as the game progresses however)
Role: (DPS, TANK, SUPPORT)
Bio: (Who you were and your life before you logged in)
A max of two characters per person please and thank you. Might allow more as things progress.
Edited by josh900

This post will be used to keep track of all accepted and active characters as well as for keeping track of zone, enemy, guilds and areas of interest information. So basically consider this the Codex of the RP just to make things easier on ourselves so we don't have to go through pages after pages of post just to find something important.