Is there a mod that allows you to buy multiple horses at each stable?

Gabby2805

I've been thinking about making the switch to the 'Immersive Horses' mod but one thing that means I definitely won't be switching just yet is that you can only buy 1 horse per stable.

I want to be able to go to Whiterun and buy 3 different horses at the same time, 1 for me and 2 for my followers. I don't fast travel and I dont want to have to go to another city before I'm ready to just to get horses for them. But I also cant stand them following miles behind on foot while I ride my horse - we need to all be riding at the same time and from the same place.

Does a mod exist that makes multiple horses for sale at each stable? It would also need to be compatible with Immersive Horses.

Well I don't know of a mod that lets you buy multiple vanilla horses at once, but this mod adds a bunch of new stables with lots of unique horses all around Skyrim. As far as I know, you can buy as many as you want at once, as long as you've got the coin. ;)

Thank you! Thats really helpful :) Its a bit of a shame that the major stables only sell 1 each and it would be nice to have stables near Riverwood too but this mod may actually make it possible to use Immersive Horses! I make my own followers - 1 in Riverwood and 1 in Whiterun you see. And I always buy my horse from the Whiterun stables which would be when I want horses for my followers too. This mod is definitely worth trying, it might be alright just having to make the short journey to Ivarstead for their horses :) Thanks again

"Expanded Towns & Cities" adds a purchasable horse to each of the 5 most significant towns, including Riverwood, & there is a patch to make it compatible with "Immersive Horses". Of course it does much more than just add the horses though. If I recall correctly the author of IHO has recommended mods that are compatible with hers on the mod page, maybe some of these also include purchasable horses?

Convenient Horses has a menu-configurable option for your followers to ride their own horses without the player needing to purchase the horses. I think all the player has to do is find or buy their own horse. The mod provides new follower dialogue options allowing you to control whether each follower rides a horse or walks, what horse they ride, what saddle & tack style the horse has, etc. The mod also includes other nifty configuration options like combat, horse behavior, horse stats, horse storage, horse following distance, methods to summon horses, etc. After you use this mod you'll wonder how you got along without it....

Edited by ScottC12

"Expanded Towns & Cities" adds a purchasable horse to each of the 5 most significant towns, including Riverwood, & there is a patch to make it compatible with "Immersive Horses". Of course it does much more than just add the horses though. If I recall correctly the author of IHO has recommended mods that are compatible with hers on the mod page, maybe some of these also include purchasable horses?

Thank you, that would be great but I've always hated the big City Overhaul mods :/

Convenient Horses has a menu-configurable option for your followers to ride their own horses without the player needing to purchase the horses. I think all the player has to do is find or buy their own horse. The mod provides new follower dialogue options allowing you to control whether each follower rides a horse or walks, what horse they ride, what saddle & tack style the horse has, etc. The mod also includes other nifty configuration options like combat, horse behavior, horse stats, horse storage, horse following distance, methods to summon horses, etc. After you use this mod you'll wonder how you got along without it....

Thanks for the response. I know, that's why I'm still using Convenient Horses right now. However, I'm thinking about switching to immersive horses instead which is why I need to be able to more easily purchase horses.

"Horses of Skyrim" adds a lot unique horses to the world, 3 are in Riverwood & 3 are at the Whiterun stables - they are free to take but they are compatible with "Immersive Horses".

Thanks for the suggestion :) I think that will be worth trying out! It is a bit of a shame that they are just free to take but I suppose you get follower horses free in Convenient Horses anyway!