The New(ish) guy. say hi?

idkronix

Hi guys! im new to the forums but have used nexus quite a bit in the past few months. I would say im a hardcore gamer but ive only just got my first ever gaming pc! (wowzers) im enjoying this new chapter of gaming and any trade tips would be appreciated :wink:

Now... im also a newbie Youtuber! I have created a channel devoted to all things gaming! I will be posting unboxings of the LootGAMING crate every month and various gameplays and clips and hopefully some "how to's" in the future. I will leave a link at the bottom of this post for you to hopefully check out! I would appreciate any feedback and interaction on my channel, obviously.. the choice is yours.

Thanks for reading (if you did)

Ryan (AKA iDKronix)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOf-YOqunpNjZUlHjVP3Mag

Ah welcome other new friend. Oh by the way i mean it about the good luck on the youtube thing i am setting up a youtube channel as well. Helpful tips:

-(if you use game mods in your game videos) Ask mod authors for permission to use their mod in a video. Their response is not needed for a review but you should respect whatever response you get. This will often lead to mod authors adding a link to your video to the description page of their mod. Also showing respect to them also doesnt hurt chances of views.

-play games people are into in lets plays

-take requests occasionally

-dont be boring

-pre-plan write a script if you have too

-set aside money to upgrade equipment starting with editing software -> mic -> camera -> house

-dont eat before the video. Primarily avoid dairy products before the video

-use the bathroom before the video

-adjust lighting in your room. Dark rooms often look amateur. You want to show as much effort as possible to make your videos stand out.

-look into creating a persona. Nostalgia critic yells a lot angry joe is angry. No there's more to it but if you know popular youtubers like them you should know they put on a character and these often are what makes them stand out.

-dont try to hard. You're new you can experiment a lot right now if you last long enough for a decent fan base you will find it hard to change things up.

-you will not get a lot of followers fast so be patient and dont constantly talk about how you have a youtube channel... In other words be humble and patient.

-stick your home page link in your signiture.

Well i hope those help somebody. I sorta threw a couple irrelevant points in for extra measure.