Model Swap the Sneaking Suit to the Parasite Suit

KinkySketch

Yes, it's possible.

You can swap the model in as the body, then null out the head model for the balaclava. Should work fine like that.

Oh that's great to hear... I guess I should have put this under a request as I have zero experience with modding this game.

(I also really like your quiet mod Bob)

Oh that's great to hear... I guess I should have put this under a request as I have zero experience with modding this game.

(I also really like your quiet mod Bob)

If you want to get started, I made a video on how to perform basic model swaps with staff members. I made it when I very first started modding the game so it doesn't cover nearly everything, but it's definitely enough to get you started.

You can skip the fix I do for hip weapons I do in the video though. It's unnecessary since you'd be using a model that's intended to be playable. You should also swap the model in as the body, not the head. That way it'll retain perfect first-person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqgLYR1GRF8

Thanks a bunch for the resources, I'll take a shot at it.

With this method of model swap, would you also be able to swap an MGO operator's face into single player?

I've followed your video on model swapping XOF quiet with the battledress, but I'm having a lot of trouble with figuring out which files are the MGO face data and how to transfer them.

• 4 weeks later...

So as another newb barely dipping into water here, I was attempting to figure out the locations of the DD female soldiers' models so I could swap them with Quiet when I came across this thread and that (thus far) very clearly laid out video above going over the basics. When I got to my "parts" subfolder under the chunk0 folder to locate the files, however, I saw no sign of them except for the ddf_venom part and only a few uniforms as opposed to the whole aggregate depicted in the tutorial. Did they get moved or have I skipped a fundamental step somewhere?

(Here's a screen. Thanks for takin' the time, anything's appreciated..!! ;P >_<)

EDIT: Oh got it, has to do with the dictionary doesn't it? Will try updating it then come back with the results.

EDIT #2: 'K, looks like it's all there. Talk about a simple oversight on my part., heh...heh.

Edited by Nardologist