Please review my planned list of mods

mauvecloud

I think Sperg requires a few patches. It also requires a community uncapper set up by yourself or someone else, or it'l be incredibly unbalanced.
I'd also use some psell package with that and probably Asis.

It's possible to get a 'stable' playthrough with over 200 mods really. It really depends what those mods are. Too many heavy script mods like Wet&Cold and even Fnis tend to be problematic on the long haul or at random times, especially on a long playthrough. (I'd say being over 40-70 hours in is kinda troublesome and frustrating). You might not always notice them, until later on.

Also I think SDO is redundant and far less stable than dyndolod.

Furthermore I'd say drop the hd texture packs included with the legendary edition of skyrim. What they change compared to the graphic mods you use is really minor.
These original hd texture packs are stupidly heavy for Skyrim, even with the patches and such.

There are a number of other mods in this list that are either unsupported or quite old. Be wary a lot has changed over the years. So it might conflict at some random point..
I don't know about all of them, but most seem to change only smaller things.. So I gues you're fine.

Edited by laiilaiiheii

Sperg already includes a config for the community uncapper, so I'm not sure how you figure it would be incredibly unbalanced.

Asis looks good, so I'll probably add it. What do you mean by "psell package" though?

I glanced at dyndolod, and I'm a little hesitant about the extra requirements, like billboards - huh? how do those make sense to use? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the "billboard" mods do though, so I'll look into them more later (I'm falling asleep for some reason despite it being early afternoon for me)

When you say "drop the hd texture packs included with the legendary edition of skyrim", do you mean I should deactivate the official "high resolution" texture pack DLC in favor of the Skyrim HD mod? (btw, strictly speaking, as far as I can tell, Skyrim "legendary edition" doesn't actually include that particular DLC, only the three expansions)

Checking dates on the download files for the mods could be a decent way to help decide which others to weed out. Thanks for that idea.

Dyndolod 'can' be a bit overwhelming, but there should be a decent video tutorial included in the describtion.

Yes, I'd deactivate the official hd texture packs in favor of those.

There are very old mods that are well done of course. It depends what the mod messes with. And of course other mods their compatability with said mod. See what people say about it as well in the posts of a mod.

At the end it all comes down to just trying, testing, researching, see what other people say about it in the posts of the mods, testing some more and hoping it'l work on the long haul.

Do check out reddits page on Dangerous mods. (just google it really)

It's impossible to tell if a entire playthrough will be stable with many different mods installed. There are simply to many variables.
Sometimes a mod can bring some weird conflicts you wouldn't even think of.. Like a npc not showing up, not progressing through a quest, duplications, characters running into walls, clipping, weird collisons and other nonesense.

Always keep about 5 to 10 save games so you can roll back if something goes amiss.
The console can be your friend to, if you ever get stuck while missing a npc, facing some weird clipping objects, Stuck in dialogue, followers behaving weird or whatever other oddities you might encounter. A lot can be 'cheated' with the console.

I myself like using 100s of mods, but I keep my playthroughs short. I know something WILL go wrong eventually. This way it keeps everything refreshing. It's fun to pick a certain setting or give your character a certain role in the world. When you're done with it you can make another mod loadot which will be completely different. This way the game always feel refreshing. And this way I can even enjoy some mods that are said to be unsafe to use.

Other than all that I'd say, For a serious and long playthrough, try to choose mods that change different things. For example you don't really need hd texture packs while already having many texture mods installed. Or 11 different mods for trees, 8 hair mods, 20 animation packs and 31 houses. :)