Mod request - Possible to disable the blue tutorial popups?

CrimsonAegis

Yes, game, after 70+ hours I think I know how to use the galaxy map and enter and exit my ship and land etc, could you please stop nagging me about it already?

I'd like a way to disable the blue tutorial popups. 'Press E to land' or 'Hold W to take off' or 'Press x to open galaxy map', 'Your jetpack is exhausted let it recharge' or 'Out of stamina' etc. If someone can create a mod that does this, I would be very happy.

Edited by CrimsonAegis

Hi,

I'll have a look into doing this :smile:

If it's possible to do this, that would be amazing. Thank you!

I've restarted the game about 5 times so far and my latest save is still on the 'tutorial planet'. It seems hard coded to spam you with basic tutorial stuff until you get out of the starting system, and then proceed to the next tutorial stages until you finish doing what it wants you to do.

I just want an option to disable the tutorial hints from the start of the game so I can fart around my starting system forever without the tutorial reminders, since I reroll the world I get until I like what I'm on.

Edited by CrimsonAegis

[...]since I reroll the world I get until I like what I'm on.

That's kinda clever. Why bother exploring the universe, when you can make every planet in the universe come to you? :D
Even "the center of the universe" should be the starting planet if you restart often enough. :laugh:

[...]since I reroll the world I get until I like what I'm on.

That's kinda clever. Why bother exploring the universe, when you can make every planet in the universe come to you? :D

Even "the center of the universe" should be the starting planet if you restart often enough. :laugh:

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. The starting planets seem to be a ring approximately 150k lightyears from galactic center.

I don't usually post for requests, but I'm about to start digging into the files myself to try and remove these obnoxious messages.

I like a lot of the design choices, so I don't want to remove the HUD completely, but the constant reminder on how to do simple stuff, or what simple stuff means, is driving me crazy! I want to peacefully explore!

+1 endorse

My guess is that unfortunately, each text entry will have to be removed by hand from the xml document, and then the UI elements will have to be alpha'd out with some color settings...my guess is hard work...gruelling labor....cant there be a toggle.

Yo guys, big update for yall nao...I'm in the works on a brand new mod that does exactly what we needs...the game works out the hard part all you have to do is the easy part in which i'm doing right now for all your benefits....please post a list of the most annoying reminders!

LANDING .... TAKE OFF....ETC??? I need to know which ones to get rid of and which ones to keepo