⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

CTD when entering Sleeping Giant Inn

BlackPlague69

Hello BlackPlague69,

I've already posted this kind of guide in another of your CTD topic, I know it can seem complex, fastidious, intimidating, whatever. Following what you described above, using such guide one step at a time and beginning by the top, should provide help. Good luck.

• CTD in a particular cell / location, see also CTD in a particular location.
  • You may try a selective loading, untick 50% of your mods, beginning by the end of your load order and test in game. Then depending on if the problem occurs again or not, increase /decrease the remaining loading mods to find the culprit. It can be mod or scripts conflict, bad meshes, deleted references, (UDR = see /// Cleaning and correcting potential bugs)
  • Install crash fixes and eventually ENBOOST, see /// Settings / memory section.
  • CTD doing a particular action.
  • Make sure you're using the good mods >> Dangerous mods list.
  • Verify gamecache.
  • CTDs troubleshooting page on Reddit. depending on what's happening in game, choose the subsections that describes the best your problem.

Here is a list of things that may help stabilizing your game if not already been done. :

/// Cleaning and correcting potential bugs :

• Clean your master files to eliminate potential problems : Gopher's videos cleaning your masterfiles on the Nexus Tesedit page. You may use this updated guide to clean your masters. It contains the same automated cleaning procedure as Gopher explains in his video + repeating once for Dawnguard.esm + some selective manual cleaning.
  • The method above can be used to clean mods. LOOT should tell you which plugin you should clean. You may also do a check errors.

/// Load order / mods conflicts :

/// Settings / memory :

• Ensure you're not using redundant memory patches, such as SSME, skse.ini; crash fixes, or safety load. Preferably, use crash fixes with the UseOSAllocators=1 enabled or skse memory patch.
  • Memory blocks log will help to refine memory settings.
  • Backup your ini files and delete the files. Skyrim.ini / SkyrimCustom.ini / SkyrimPrefs.ini found in C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Skyrim then use your vanilla launcher to autodetect and use best settings for your computer.
  • STEP INI tweaking wiki.
  • You may install ENBOOST >> ENB graphics / ENB haxx.

/// Save game :

/// Meshes healer :

• Read here, this is potentially a cause of CTD that you can resolve by following the mod procedure on this page.

/// Useful informations :

Hope this helps.

• 9 months later...

i just down loaded akemi the snow elf follower, when entered the sleeping giant inn in riverwood i got ctd. when i turned the mod off i got in with no problem, if i didnt have to meet her in the sleeping giant i could have worked around it, does any one have any ideas, is there a patch.

• 3 years later...

Hello, I am new to modding so I don't understand yet all of the ins and outs of the technical side, but I am having the same problem with the CTD only when I enter the Sleeping Giant Inn as part of the quest to retrieve the horn. I have entered the inn before without any problems in the beginning of the game. I do have about 50 mods loaded, but I do not know how to print a list of them in Vortex.

Have you been able to solve your issue, and if so, could I ask how you did it?

Thanks and any help or advice would be appreciated.

Oh, I am running Skyrim Special Edition with the script extender, if that means anything.

Hello, I am new to modding so I don't understand yet all of the ins and outs of the technical side, but I am having the same problem with the CTD only when I enter the Sleeping Giant Inn as part of the quest to retrieve the horn. I have entered the inn before without any problems in the beginning of the game. I do have about 50 mods loaded, but I do not know how to print a list of them in Vortex.

Have you been able to solve your issue, and if so, could I ask how you did it?

Thanks and any help or advice would be appreciated.

Oh, I am running Skyrim Special Edition with the script extender, if that means anything.

are you using LOOT?

Hello and thank you for responding. I did download LOOT and I believe I ran it correctly. When I hit the sort plugin icon I got a message that said the load order wasn't changed, and I assume that is because Vortex sorted the load order. Not sure though.

LOOT did highlight some things that I didn't fully understand. In yellow highlight, it indicated that SSedit found certain ITM things that needed to be scanned. I downloaded SSedit, and I hope I ran it correctly. After running it, the messages in LOOT disappeared. LOOT also said I had some mods that needed patches and told me where to find them. I did all of the patches indicated.

I am still experiencing the CTD. From the above thread, I think my next step is to scan the nif files, but honestly, I do not know how to do that. I downloaded NIF healer and the instructions say to copy nif files into the in folder, and that updated files will be placed in an out folder. I am unsure of what files to move into the in folder, and then what I am supposed to do with the files in the out folder after running the batch file. Do I copy them back to where I found them? Do I delete the originals that I copied.

I guess I am still at a loss as to what do next. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Hello and thank you for responding. I did download LOOT and I believe I ran it correctly. When I hit the sort plugin icon I got a message that said the load order wasn't changed, and I assume that is because Vortex sorted the load order. Not sure though.

LOOT did highlight some things that I didn't fully understand. In yellow highlight, it indicated that SSedit found certain ITM things that needed to be scanned. I downloaded SSedit, and I hope I ran it correctly. After running it, the messages in LOOT disappeared. LOOT also said I had some mods that needed patches and told me where to find them. I did all of the patches indicated.

I am still experiencing the CTD. From the above thread, I think my next step is to scan the nif files, but honestly, I do not know how to do that. I downloaded NIF healer and the instructions say to copy nif files into the in folder, and that updated files will be placed in an out folder. I am unsure of what files to move into the in folder, and then what I am supposed to do with the files in the out folder after running the batch file. Do I copy them back to where I found them? Do I delete the originals that I copied.

I guess I am still at a loss as to what do next. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DOnt know if you will read this, but I had same problem. It turned out to be NB Scars - if you have that installed then thats the culprit

• 3 months later...

Thanks,

DOnt know if you will read this, but I had same problem. It turned out to be NB Scars - if you have that installed then thats the culprit

Thanks man! I had the same issue of a CTD in Sleeping Giant Inn and NBScars was indeed the culprit