Dark Souls Boss Randomizer

zbearwrestler

I was recently watching a Link to the Past Randomizer playthrough where every chest gives a random item. I thought that having a boss randomizer for Dark Souls would be really cool. The way it would work is that every boss area has a random boss in it. So for example the first boss could be Sif instead of the Asylum Demon. I do have experience with coding and whatnot but I have never made a mod before. I would love the chance to make this a real game. If anyone can point me in the right direction for making this a thing please let me know.

• 5 weeks later...

This would probably require somehow editing the event scripting. I know that, for instance, the asylum demon's appearance is a script so it should be possible to make another enemy appear instead. There are two issues:

1. I don't know how to edit the scripts. You would have to research this and either find a pre-existing method or create your own.

2. Some bosses may not work well outside of their intended area. For example, the Bed of Chaos should probably be excluded from randomization.