Skyrim doesn't go full screen

Proximately

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you open it with "notepad"? I'm not sure if it could make a difference but it's possible.

When should I press alt+enter? When I'm finally in the game? I've tried pressing them in the menu but it doesn't work. :-/

Make sure the window is selected on the desktop and then hold alt and press enter, it should go full screen.

It doesn't, I read about the alt+enter combination before but figured maybe there was some kind of trick to it. If not then I've already tried every possible way with that combination.

Anybody else got any ideas? It's not getting fixed with the 1.2 patch from what I've seen.

*trying the clean game cache option now*

Results: Well... I now have access to the "Data Files" option. I thought that was just locked away. Anyhoo, the window issue still persists to pest me.

Any solutions?

Edited by Proximately

I think I found the problem. Did you by chance try setting TESV.exe compatibility mode to Windows 98, as suggested elsewhere for performance?

Check the properties on that file, make sure "compatibility mode" is unchecked. Maybe check SkyrimLauncher.exe just in case as well.

This got me - even though I created a shortcut, and set compatibility mode on the shortcut, it actually applied to the EXE. Also, I deleted (!) the exe and re-acquired it via steam, but this did *not* remove compatibility mode! It's some kind of dark juju.

Nope, I've never altered the compatibility mode. I checked just in case but both the TESV.exe and SkyrimLauncher.exe files had unchecked compatibility modes.

I've sent this issue to Bethesda, they asked for a DxDiag.txt file so I created one and sent it to them... I don't know if they'll be able to solve the problem but maybe it can help them patch it in the future. They must have really wanted that 11/11/11 release date. It went well at least, let's just hope they're able to cover up the damage with proper patching etc.

But until they release a patch for this in say like... 1-2 months (positive thinking!), I'm still looking for solutions.

Well, unless anybody here can provide me with a solution I'll post it here as soon as I get one from Bethesda. I'm really hoping they have a quick and effective solution to the problem.

Alright so I tried changing the ini file and it worked for me. After changing the number to 1, I clicked on file, clicked on save and it took care of it. Edited by seecha80