Issue with Quests

biulding3015

Good day,

I am trying to make a quest for FO4. It is a fairly basic "Talk to person. Go here, talk to another person, return to first person" type of quest. I was able to get the first two steps of that done, when I went to talk to person B, they would speak their Greeting, but then the player response wheel would never show up. I added debug lines to show that it was firing phase 1 but it never completed phase 1. It simply waited forever.

I tried to use a clean save without mods to see if I could fix the problem. Well that made matters worse. Now when I talk to NPC one he just looks at me and does not respond. When I try to set stage for my quest via the console, it fires, but it will not update the stage passed zero.

Has anyone run into this issue before?

Biulding3015,

Dragon Captions

Are you talking about a mod you are building or an actual quest in the game? If it's the latter, it would be much simpeler to just say which quest you're talking about :D

If it's the former, just show me the door (although I think you'd be better off in the FallOut Mod talk or other some such forum)...

I will head that way :smile: It is the former in this case :sad: I have not actually posted in the forums here before and they are quite large :wink:

To give an update, I loaded my clean save, and called reset quest on my quest and it then worked again (up to the point NPC B would not speak issue) But I could set stage again :smile:

Biulding

PS, thank yyou so much for the response!

Edited by biulding3015

I will head that way :smile: It is the former in this case :sad: I have not actually posted in the forums here before and they are quite large :wink:

To give an update, I loaded my clean save, and called reset quest on my quest and it then worked again (up to the point NPC B would not speak issue) But I could set stage again :smile:

Biulding

Never made a single mod in my life, I'm afraid... although I've downloaded all the necessary software to give it a try, I'm gaming far too much to ever start. Maybe when I've reached my pension, who knows :D

Good luck with your endeavours, Biulding ;)