Able to see outside of map when in Goodneighbor

nikashubaiton

So when I'm in goodneighbor, any of the large windows (ie the ones on either side of the hotel rexford doors) that normally have opaque glass have no glass at all, leaving me to see everything behind them and outside of the map. Considering the size of the windows this becomes problematic as it's really game breaking to be looking at the void from every angle.

http://www.gameranx.com/img/15-Dec/fallout-4-hotel-rexford.jpg

So in the windows displayed here, all of the gold part of the frame still shows, the glass is just see through. Anyone have any idea how to fix that?

• 3 months later...

They were the first ones I tried removing, hmmm, I'll have a fiddle about. Thank you for the reply you've saved me a lot of time :smile:

Edit: In case anyone else finds this thread, it was the Rebuilt Kingsport Lighthouse. It must install the clean windows without asking; whereas the others in the Rebuilt series seem to all have the option not to install the windows.

Deleting the 9 window texture files it adds under Architecture fixed it.

• 6 months later...

This is kinda late but the way to fix it is to check " C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\materials\Architecture\Buildings " and remove file " windows_exterior.bgem " That should help out with the glitch. If it doesnt than I have no further idea on how to help for this is how I solved it for my game.

Same problem, i dont have any of the afore mentioned mods. I do not have that directory or file in my install. Steam verifies local files without issue. This started partway through a playthrough, i did not add or remove any mods to initiate it. Help?

• 2 weeks later...

This is kinda late but the way to fix it is to check " C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\materials\Architecture\Buildings " and remove file " windows_exterior.bgem " That should help out with the glitch. If it doesnt than I have no further idea on how to help for this is how I solved it for my game.

Thanks, I had the same issue and it helped.