Make NPC friendly? (need help fixing bugged quest)

mrspongeworthy

Avulstein, of the "Missing in Action" quest has become hostile to me for no reason. I've seen a few other reports of this problem. This apparently happened a long time ago, so I won't be reloading a prior save.

Is there a console command to change his disposition towards me, or should I just give up on this quest?

Thanks!

Avulstein, of the "Missing in Action" quest has become hostile to me for no reason. I've seen a few other reports of this problem. This apparently happened a long time ago, so I won't be reloading a prior save.

Is there a console command to change his disposition towards me, or should I just give up on this quest?

Thanks!

Yeah, you could try typing

"stopcombat"

and then

"setrelationshiprank player 3"

These are targeted commands so click on the NPC in the console.

Edit: You may even want to do this.

"stopcombat"

"setrelationshiprank player 3"

"disable"

"enable"

Edited by Evilslay3r5

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...
I fought the whiterun battle on the imperial side and after that I walked to solitude. Everyone is peaceful but when captain Aldis can see mee he tries to kill me. Also the other imperial officers attack me, including Tullius who is the next part of the war questline. All other NPCs are friendly.

Is there a fix to this? Like a console command? commands above haven't worked

I also have several mods installed so that could also have done something...

• 3 weeks later...

I fought the whiterun battle on the imperial side and after that I walked to solitude. Everyone is peaceful but when captain Aldis can see mee he tries to kill me. Also the other imperial officers attack me, including Tullius who is the next part of the war questline. All other NPCs are friendly.Â

Â

Â

I also have several mods installed so that could also have done something...Â

That's probably vanilla, you can't trust the Imperials.

• 4 months later...

I fought the whiterun battle on the imperial side and after that I walked to solitude. Everyone is peaceful but when captain Aldis can see mee he tries to kill me. Also the other imperial officers attack me, including Tullius who is the next part of the war questline. All other NPCs are friendly.Â

Â

Â

I also have several mods installed so that could also have done something...Â

That's probably vanilla, you can't trust the Imperials.

that happened to me once, but that was because i accidentally killed too many imperial soldiers, best then to redo the whiterun battle again... but this time more careful

• 4 weeks later...

I used an alternative start mod to start in raven rock... i've only been to windhelm twice... since i can't start the dragonborn quest without doing the first dragon boss battle mission :D i did bleak falls barrow, got the dragonstone, delivered it, then you need to head out to the idk what watchtower but for some reason when i get there Irileth starts attacking me... i tried the console commands, they work but actually they don't... i killed the dragon and went back to the jarl and then he started attacking me... i tried the commands again and they didn't work... if you could help i would appreciate it