The Right ENB

odst959

so i've been going through a few enb's for my skyrim but can't find the one i like. mostly do to things that bother me. so in question are there any enb's that adds really colorful lighting, but also keeps the interiors like caves, taverns, etc, dark inside? i'm trying out more color enb's but the interiors are always so damn bright. i like dark nights as well, to the point where i'm forced to use a torch or lamp. another huge issue is film grain.. like some enb's have this film grain effect on the screen and it just destroys the visual quality of my textures. so basically, are there any enb's that give me a win on both these ends. dark nights, dark interiors, no grain, and much color. posting pictures helps as well

Edited by odst959

Interior lightning is directly linked to imagespace and light sources. You will need a separate lightning mod to change it. From my experience ELFX (dark dungeons plugin) is the darkest one and covers whole game.

Example

You really should read a bit about tweaking ENBs. Film grain is something that can be turned off either in ENB GUI or in the text file. Also you can tweak ambient lightning level for interiors (AmbientLightingIntensityInteriorNight) and exteriors (AmbientLightingIntensityExteriorNight). More advanced presets with weathers might require some adjustments to the weathers (select show weather window in ENB GUI -shift+enter to open). The color can be cranked up by switching palette image or adjusting settings in the UI.

Revamped Exterior Fog makes the exteriors "crisper" by pushing back fog particles.

In the past I have used Tranquility ENB _ ExtendedFX with ELFX (author lists it as incompatible, but I didn't had any issues). I had to edit it a bit to make it look cleaner.

Nowadays I'm playing with Rudy ENB.

ELE had an extra plugin (RS) for light color adjustments.

ELE+RS vs ELFX (normal darkness version) gallery - Link -

ELFX takes into account time of the day and changes lightning accordingly.