• Please log in to reply
3871 replies to this topic

Blaise48

Blaise48

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
In response to post #8421224. #8421247, #8426170, #8426430 are all replies on the same post.

Also, Boss and Wrye Bash are detecting all the mods with esp/m. I followed the exact same process with all my installs and it seems to be only the ones without esp/m that aren't showing up. Everything else seems to work fine.

Blaise48

Blaise48

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
In response to post #8421224. #8421247, #8426170, #8426430, #8426441 are all replies on the same post.

Nevermind! Im just an idiot XD

Jameticus

Jameticus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
how do you update the master list for a plugin? i downloaded a mod using Mod Organizer and then ran BOSS to sort out the load order but now wrye bash is saying the masters have been reordered.

Spectre24

Spectre24

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Do I need to uninstall wrye bash to update it to the newest version, or can I just download and write over it?

Sharlikran

Sharlikran

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,072 posts

how do you update the master list for a plugin? i downloaded a mod using Mod Organizer and then ran BOSS to sort out the load order but now wrye bash is saying the masters have been reordered.

You have to use the "BOSS Gui.exe" and click "Edit User Rules" then read the BOSS documentation on making user rules or watch this video.

refusedzero

refusedzero

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts
Edit - Uninstalling and Reinstalling all of Skyrim fixed the issue.

This tool is necessary to make Skyrim rock!

Edited by refusedzero, 12 July 2013 - 11:41 PM.

HybridEyeGrillage

HybridEyeGrillage

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Before I go ranting about the problem I have- I'm running Win 7 64-bit with UAC off and WB has administrative rights

I've downloaded and installed WB, but could only run it once after the installation finished. Then I tried running WBLauncher.py, but got a quick flash of the splash window and a smaller window. I checked the BashBugDump.log first, but it only says "testing UAC". Ran the debug.bat and the BashBugDump_startup.log says
"Found Python at 'D:\Python27\pythonw.exe'
Launching Wrye Bash in debug mode"

If I try it again, I get this:
"Wrye Bash starting
Python version: 2.7.3
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
Searching for game to manage:
bush.py 80 detectGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py 82 detectGames: skyrim: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\TSEV Skyrim LE
bush.py 94 detectGames: Detecting games via relative path and the -o argument:
bush.py 110 detectGames: skyrim: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\TSEV Skyrim LE
bush.py 143 setGame: No preferred game specified.
bush.py 150 setGame: Using skyrim game: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\TSEV Skyrim LE
testing UAC
bush.py 80 detectGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py 150 setGame: Using skyrim game: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\TSEV Skyrim LE
bosh.py 6533 __init__: Using libbsa API version: 2.0.0
bosh.py 6539 __init__: Using libloadorder API version: 3.0.0
bosh.py 6546 __init__: Using BOSS API version: 2.1.0
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw", line 91, in <module>
bash.main()
File "bash\bash.py", line 630, in main
app.Init()
File "bash\basher.py", line 7213, in Init
self.InitData(progress)
File "bash\basher.py", line 7245, in InitData
bosh.modInfos.refresh(doAutoGroup=True)
File "bash\bosh.py", line 5297, in refresh
hasChanged += self.plugins.refresh(forceRefresh=hasChanged)
File "bash\bosh.py", line 4096, in refresh
self.loadLoadOrder()
File "bash\bosh.py", line 4022, in loadLoadOrder
modInfos.plugins.saveLoadOrder()
File "bash\bosh.py", line 4039, in saveLoadOrder
raise bolt.BoltError(u'Cannot load plugins before masters.')
bash.bolt.BoltError: Cannot load plugins before masters.

Just went through a whole 13 tabs of searching via google and other official/unofficial forums, including the Wrye Bash readme for troubleshooting- nothing seems to cover this, so I still have no answer or a solution. I've also uninstalled everything (Revo Uninstaller for everything), system restored, and tried it again. Either I've made a rookie mistake, I have a bad installation, or I'm just not experienced enough to use Wrye Bash (just NMM which sometimes worked).

D4id4105

D4id4105

• Premium Member
  • 11 posts

My guess is, that there is an invalid placement of mods written in the loadorder.txt file. Try running BOSS first and then starting Wrye Bash again.

Sharlikran

Sharlikran

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,072 posts

If you experience odd crashes and issues try this...

First make sure you are using legal copy of Skyrim 1.9.32.0.8.  Pirated versions probably won't work with TES5Edit or Wrye Bash and you are wasting our time.  Make sure you have not moved your install. The official installer or Steam must install your game.

Preform the following Steps:

• Uninstall all previous versions of Wrye Bash
  • Any python dependencies.  If you installed them they are: Python 2.7 comtypes, Python 2.7 py2exe, Python 2.7 pywin32-218, Python 2.7.3, wxPython 2.8.12.1 (unicode) for Python 2.7.  Uninstall all versions and, any duplicates of anything that have different versions
  • Delete the Mopy folder in your Oblivion or Skyrim folder
  • Install the Python version, not the stand alone version of Wrye Bash 304
  • Run the "Wrye Bash Debug.bat" and post the "BashBugDump.log"

There have always been load order issues in some way. WrinklyNinja made some libraries that Wrye Bash uses and NMM as well if I am not mistaken. Naturally BOSS uses them too. Part of the issue with Wrye Bash at least is that the Python code has duplicates upon duplicates of how to manage certain things like the load order. When you have several programs open they lock files. I also notice that when I click the button for BOSS in Wrye Bash it runs BOSS from C:\BOSS for me. We are aware of it but to be honest no idea when it can be addressed. For now the only thing that works for me is to do the following:

• Close all programs after making changes to the Data folder no matter what it is you are using NMM, MO, Wrye Bash anything.
  • Run the Skyrim Launcher and make sure everything is checked that you want to use. Ignore the order of the plugins.
  • Run BOSS from an icon on the Desktop
  • Open Wrye Bash and go from there.

Edited by Sharlikran, 14 July 2013 - 03:59 AM.

CakeofHonor

CakeofHonor

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Wrye Bash used to work for me, but with the latest version it wouldn't even launch. Opening Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw does nothing and when I used debug.bat a small window pops up and says:

Found Python at 'C:\Python27\pythonw.exe'
Launching Wrye Bash in debug mode

for a few seconds then dissapears :(. Standalone just CTD after Wrye Bash logo. I've also tried what was suggested in the comments below but nothing seemed to work...

Edited by CakeofHonor, 13 July 2013 - 08:58 AM.

Page loaded in: 0.852 seconds