What console commands do i use to show an npc's inventory and take

zbzikowany

I want to be able to equip cloth armor to my housecarls. The only other way i can remove their default gear is if i steal, and even with 100 pickpocketing, you cannot steal their default steel armor. You can only steal their boots/gloves. I want to fit them into tavern clothes :) So what commands do i type to show their inventory and to take off the items from their inventory so they are completely armorless?

For those of you who are ignorant, even when you take off the gear you give them, they still have their default steel armor equipped.

Edited by zbzikowany

Click on them, type showinventory, then removeitem<whatever number the item is, it's shown in showinventory> (space) 1 then additem<whatever the refid is for what you want to give them (see the wiki)> (space) 1 then they'll put it on.

Unfortunately unless you leave the old boots and/or gloves from the original armor then as soon as you change cells or reload the game their original armor will be back (unless you give them something with a higer armor value sometimes.)

[i used to do this all the time in FO3 and FONV to the traveling doctors, caravan people and such so they'd have a better chance of survival!]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I want to be able to equip cloth armor to my housecarls. The only other way i can remove their default gear is if i steal, and even with 100 pickpocketing, you cannot steal their default steel armor. You can only steal their boots/gloves. I want to fit them into tavern clothes http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/smile.gif So what commands do i type to show their inventory and to take off the items from their inventory so they are completely armorless?

For those of you who are ignorant, even when you take off the gear you give them, they still have their default steel armor equipped.

Hiya, Try "OpenTeammateContainer 1" and click on the NPC. This opens their Invintory to allow you to put stuff in, and take stuff out freely. (Helpfull for getting all the weapons in Operation Anchoridge out of the simulation)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

is there a command that actually works. I have tried them all. FOR MORROWIND, Not OBLIVION?????

This isn't about/for Oblivion this is a Skyrim thread...go to the morrowind area for this stuff or search for morrowind console commands on google, but I don't recall there being such a thing for morrowind I don't think. It's been a long time though.