ArmoredTroll

Its easier to use then TES5Edit it has an interface that tells u what the setting do with TES5Edit you have to know exactly how an edit is called and what you can modify on it.

Its easier to use then TES5Edit it has an interface that tells u what the setting do with TES5Edit you have to know exactly how an edit is called and what you can modify on it.

Not for me, thanks for the replies.

Bear with me on this, as I'm still a noob.

Open TES5edit, do the "select none" thing to clear the list, then load up Skyrim.esm only. No need to apply any filters. Expand Skyrim and look for ConstructibleObject. Up close to the top you should see the temper for the blades sword.

Right-click on that and "copy as override into..." It will let you select an existing mod to add the new record to, or let you create a new mod. Once you do that, you should see the vanilla and your (for the moment identical) record, side-by-side. Find the steel ingot (close to the top) and right-click > edit. It should let you enter the appropriate material. You may need to click on other items, (ie: an ebony weapon if you need the right code for ebony ingot, etc) and then return to your original record. You can find it, now, by going to the new plugin you created, expanding that instead of skyrim. Change what you need, close and save, and it should be in your data files.

Again, though, bear in mind that I'm just learning this myself, and take all appropriate safety precautions. Here's a youtube tutorial that helped me (for another type of mod, but has some good starting info pertinent to this.) Hope it helps.

<Especially when it comes to smithing options you won't get far with just using TES5Edit.> Tes5edit allows to copy existing recipes, tempering and also conditions, (manually for this last one). What else do we need ?
Only seen things like VMAD - virtual machine adapter, (scripts in NPC sub-section) that can only be managed by CK. May be there are others I didn't test them all, but simple subsection items such as armor, weapons, constructible items, containers, ingredients, leveled items, form ID lists, books, misc, perk, outfits, dialogs, etc... are manageable from Tesedit.

@ ArmoredTroll, once you'll have practiced a lot and used to manage the "how to", it'll be easy and far faster to use Tes5edit to manage this kind of things than using CK. Tes5edit loads fast, is reliable and doesn't hang everytime for nothing, or popup with tons of errors all the time because extra space or other useless things. To edit things it's a real swiss knife and a good investment knowledge to use it in complement of CK for "easy things". Everything below may seem impressive, but simply don't care, take your time and practice. I learnt the same way, it needs simply time.

/// Creating the recipe using an existing one :

• Choose a mod to duplicate it's recipes. and in the left pane expand it.
  • Expand the constructible section and choose a recipe similar to what you want to create. Right-click / copy as new record into... You will create your own recipe instead of overriding an existing one.
  • Chose an ID, must be different in your case to the original. Chose something logical, preferably beginning with zeros to be sure this reference will be alphabetically sorted on the top : 000RecipeBlueLeatherArmor.
  • To sort the left pane column, use the bars on top, form ID, editor ID, name. New created items are in black bold, overriden ones are in green, orange or red, depending on the load order, conflict, etc...
  • A new window popup to let you choose in wich file you want to paste this record into, scroll down and choose new file. Then when prompted, choose a name >> 000MyCraftingRecipes. If prompted to add a master, (because needed, at least skyrim.esm) say yes. If adding several masters, before saving and closing Tes5edit, in the left pane, right click on your plugin / sort masters to avoid when you reload it again it doesn't recognizes the references and floods your plugins with a bunch of <error can't resolve>. When loading your plugin again, right-click / check errors to be sure everything is OK.
  • In the left pane, scroll down and expand your new plugin and left-click to select your new recipe. In the right pane, read carefully the sub sections :
  • items, (the materials you need to create the final object, IngotQuicksilver "Quicksilver Ingot" [MISC:0005ADA0], etc...) you can create new requirements = in the right column, right click on the item line / add and play with it.
  • Conditions, same as above but a little more complex, in this case, the best way to learn is to watch existing conditions in mods like CCO for example or even in skyrim.esm. It can be a quest, perk, etc... play with it.
  • CNAM - created object = the final item you'll create crafting this item. It can be a misc item, weapon, an armor, etc.. Left click several times softly in the right column on the final object in question and a drop down menu will appear, allowing you to select whatever is selectable.
  • Under this you have BNAM - workbench keyword. This is the subsection that will define what tool you'll use to craft your item = CraftingTanningRack [KYWD:0007866A], CraftingSmelter [KYWD:000A5CCE], CraftingSmithingForge [KYWD:00088105]. CraftingSmithingSharpeningWheel [KYWD:00088108]. You can create 4 recipes for example : one to be used on each tool, tanning rack, smelter, forge or sharpening wheel. Suggest you modify the EDID - editor ID to something reflecting it such as a 000RecTR, (recipe / tanning rack) prefix or similar, so that it'll be easy for you to recognize it.

/// Creating the final object :

Virtually it can be almost everything you can use in the game such as armors, weapons, misc, even a new required item, something rare and expensive, that you'll have at only special conditions.

• Choose an existing armor for example, say leather armor. As explained in the last paragraph, copy as new record into...your already created new plugin.
  • In the right pane you have :
  • The full name, suggest you change it to recognize it from standard vanilla armor in the crafting menu.
  • KWDA - keyword, this will lit some useful things such as in which menu it'll be crafted, if it's seelable, enchantable, etc.. Suggest you watch carefully the skyrim.esm armor list to see what is possible to do.
  • Armature, you may edit it to specify your own armor addon, (see below).
  • You'll have to replace the created object by yours in the CNAM - created object in the recipe.

/// Armor addon :

See this wiki page about it. At the behinning, for purpose testing you may use FullLeatherCuirassAA [ARMA:00036199] a copy as new record into your new plugin. Make sure this armor addon is listed in the Armature sub-section above.

/// Tips :

Some details may be missing, either because I made a mistake, either because I forgot. It's not easy when english is not your primary language, to make a tutorial, (thanks to google translator) Feel free to correct me if I'm not enough accurate. The goal is to provide what ArmoredTrol requested.

Don't give up !

Thanks for these tutorials, I think I might be able to handle this now. Kudos to you both. :happy:

Bear with me on this, as I'm still a noob.

Open TES5edit, do the "select none" thing to clear the list, then load up Skyrim.esm only. No need to apply any filters. Expand Skyrim and look for ConstructibleObject. Up close to the top you should see the temper for the blades sword.

Right-click on that and "copy as override into..." It will let you select an existing mod to add the new record to, or let you create a new mod. Once you do that, you should see the vanilla and your (for the moment identical) record, side-by-side. Find the steel ingot (close to the top) and right-click > edit. It should let you enter the appropriate material. You may need to click on other items, (ie: an ebony weapon if you need the right code for ebony ingot, etc) and then return to your original record. You can find it, now, by going to the new plugin you created, expanding that instead of skyrim. Change what you need, close and save, and it should be in your data files.

Again, though, bear in mind that I'm just learning this myself, and take all appropriate safety precautions. Here's a youtube tutorial that helped me (for another type of mod, but has some good starting info pertinent to this.) Hope it helps.

<Especially when it comes to smithing options you won't get far with just using TES5Edit.> Tes5edit allows to copy existing recipes, tempering and also conditions, (manually for this last one). What else do we need ?
Only seen things like VMAD - virtual machine adapter, (scripts in NPC sub-section) that can only be managed by CK. May be there are others I didn't test them all, but simple subsection items such as armor, weapons, constructible items, containers, ingredients, leveled items, form ID lists, books, misc, perk, outfits, dialogs, etc... are manageable from Tesedit.

@ ArmoredTroll, once you'll have practiced a lot and used to manage the "how to", it'll be easy and far faster to use Tes5edit to manage this kind of things than using CK. Tes5edit loads fast, is reliable and doesn't hang everytime for nothing, or popup with tons of errors all the time because extra space or other useless things. To edit things it's a real swiss knife and a good investment knowledge to use it in complement of CK for "easy things". Everything below may seem impressive, but simply don't care, take your time and practice. I learnt the same way, it needs simply time.

/// Creating the recipe using an existing one :

• Choose a mod to duplicate it's recipes. and in the left pane expand it.
  • Expand the constructible section and choose a recipe similar to what you want to create. Right-click / copy as new record into... You will create your own recipe instead of overriding an existing one.
  • Chose an ID, must be different in your case to the original. Chose something logical, preferably beginning with zeros to be sure this reference will be alphabetically sorted on the top : 000RecipeBlueLeatherArmor.
  • To sort the left pane column, use the bars on top, form ID, editor ID, name. New created items are in black bold, overriden ones are in green, orange or red, depending on the load order, conflict, etc...
  • A new window popup to let you choose in wich file you want to paste this record into, scroll down and choose new file. Then when prompted, choose a name >> 000MyCraftingRecipes. If prompted to add a master, (because needed, at least skyrim.esm) say yes. If adding several masters, before saving and closing Tes5edit, in the left pane, right click on your plugin / sort masters to avoid when you reload it again it doesn't recognizes the references and floods your plugins with a bunch of <error can't resolve>. When loading your plugin again, right-click / check errors to be sure everything is OK.
  • In the left pane, scroll down and expand your new plugin and left-click to select your new recipe. In the right pane, read carefully the sub sections :
  • items, (the materials you need to create the final object, IngotQuicksilver "Quicksilver Ingot" [MISC:0005ADA0], etc...) you can create new requirements = in the right column, right click on the item line / add and play with it.
  • Conditions, same as above but a little more complex, in this case, the best way to learn is to watch existing conditions in mods like CCO for example or even in skyrim.esm. It can be a quest, perk, etc... play with it.
  • CNAM - created object = the final item you'll create crafting this item. It can be a misc item, weapon, an armor, etc.. Left click several times softly in the right column on the final object in question and a drop down menu will appear, allowing you to select whatever is selectable.
  • Under this you have BNAM - workbench keyword. This is the subsection that will define what tool you'll use to craft your item = CraftingTanningRack [KYWD:0007866A], CraftingSmelter [KYWD:000A5CCE], CraftingSmithingForge [KYWD:00088105]. CraftingSmithingSharpeningWheel [KYWD:00088108]. You can create 4 recipes for example : one to be used on each tool, tanning rack, smelter, forge or sharpening wheel. Suggest you modify the EDID - editor ID to something reflecting it such as a 000RecTR, (recipe / tanning rack) prefix or similar, so that it'll be easy for you to recognize it.

/// Creating the final object :

Virtually it can be almost everything you can use in the game such as armors, weapons, misc, even a new required item, something rare and expensive, that you'll have at only special conditions.

• Choose an existing armor for example, say leather armor. As explained in the last paragraph, copy as new record into...your already created new plugin.
  • In the right pane you have :
  • The full name, suggest you change it to recognize it from standard vanilla armor in the crafting menu.
  • KWDA - keyword, this will lit some useful things such as in which menu it'll be crafted, if it's seelable, enchantable, etc.. Suggest you watch carefully the skyrim.esm armor list to see what is possible to do.
  • Armature, you may edit it to specify your own armor addon, (see below).
  • You'll have to replace the created object by yours in the CNAM - created object in the recipe.

/// Armor addon :

See this wiki page about it. At the behinning, for purpose testing you may use FullLeatherCuirassAA [ARMA:00036199] a copy as new record into your new plugin. Make sure this armor addon is listed in the Armature sub-section above.

/// Tips :

Some details may be missing, either because I made a mistake, either because I forgot. It's not easy when english is not your primary language, to make a tutorial, (thanks to google translator) Feel free to correct me if I'm not enough accurate. The goal is to provide what ArmoredTrol requested.

Don't give up !