Heavy Traffic ×

Morrowind crashing with MGEXE on new PC

hobbodude

Some time ago I got a new PC somewhat better than my old one but now whenever i try to play morrowind with MGEXE enabled the game will crash whenever i get even remotely close to any towns or cities in the game. I cant run the game with MGEXE at all now as even if i disable distant land or use less intensive settings i still get crashes. i could run MGEXE with high settings perfectly fine on my old PC even though it has a worse processor, less memory and used Windows 7 when my new computer uses Windows 10. sometimes during crashes i see a "End User Runtime Error" message if that helps at all.

Do you crash in the same places with MGE XE disabled? (temporarily rename its DLLs for a quick way of disabling)

If you don't then, yeah. MGE XE problem. If you do then probably a mod problem.

Have you changed your graphics card? Maybe some old config info related to that is trying to be applied to new card. Completely uninstall and reinstall MGE XE

Re-generate distant lands files (seem to remember these are referenced even if DL disabled. Maybe...)

Try the beta version (uploaded here by Hrnchamd)

Do you crash in the same places with MGE XE disabled? (temporarily rename its DLLs for a quick way of disabling)

If you don't then, yeah. MGE XE problem. If you do then probably a mod problem.

Have you changed your graphics card? Maybe some old config info related to that is trying to be applied to new card. Completely uninstall and reinstall MGE XE

Re-generate distant lands files (seem to remember these are referenced even if DL disabled. Maybe...)

Try the beta version (uploaded here by Hrnchamd)

I dont, crashes i get in MGEXE happen when im in or near any towns or cities (except those added by expansions and mods and Caldera for some reason) from what I can tell and i get almost no crashes at all without it.

I am actually using the same graphics card from my old computer as well.

Regenerating DL files didnt or reinstalling MGEXE work either.

Is there any known issues with the Beta version?

I don't know of any issues with the beta

The beta didnt work. Also now after downloading a Microsoft Hotfix that was supposed to fix the problem (it didnt) when I Ioad the game with MGEXE disabled I also get a error message saying MWSE could not be injected although my nods that rely on it are unaffected and the game runs normally so it doesnt seem to pose an actual problem but it affects even the backup of the game i made before. The game will also crash on startup with MGEXE activated too after the hotfix.

Edited by hobbodude