How do I copy mesh data in NifSkope?

Tilarta

I believe that you just need to right click the 7th child of the NiNode and remove the branch, since you are replacing that mesh anyways. Then, right click the 10th and go to block>convert>bethesda>BSTriShape. Then click on the 3NiNode, scroll down on the block details and open the children tab. Double click the empty field and type the number 10 in. That should get your mesh in the correct spot. Click the header tab, then go to strings. Type the path of your bgsm into one of the empty fields. Then go back to block list and put the string number that corresponds with your bgsm path where the bold TXT is next to the 11BSLightingShaderProperty. Then click on the 12BSShaderTextureSet. This holds the paths to your textures. The textures need an _d, _n, and _s at the ends of their names. _d= diffuse map, _n= normal map _s=specular map. The second flower on the list should contain the path to your diffuse texture. Which you have correctly, but the file should be named: ncbottleclosed_d.dds. The third flower is the normal map path, the sixth flower is the texture\shared\cubemaps\mipblur_whatever file, and the ninth flower equals the specular map path.

The numbers in the green squares are the string numbers in the header tab. The strings number should correspond to the blocks they are associated with. Like the 8BSLightingShaderProperty has the 8 at the very end of the path. It is because that path is the 8th string down under the header tab. Your 10TriShape has a 62 from before you imported it from bodyslide, and it was 62nd down the list of strings.

Sorry if this is confusing. haha

Im so happy someone else is able to explain, your paragraph would have taken me all day to write up. :sweat:

Dyslexia It gave me a high IQ, then removed my ability to use it. :D

I like this icon but never get to use it soo..

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Getting closer I think, based on the instructions:

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu100/zrowngctr/Fallout/Fallout4/NS/NCbottleNV03ns_zpspysbfurk.png

For some reason, it jumped above the grid when I made the change, it should be sitting neatly on it.
That has to be corrected.

And it's still crashing Creation Kit when I attempt to relink the mesh.

I think the n and s maps will need some more work, they're not quite ready yet.

Or I broke the s map, the tutorial I was following to make it wasn't clear enough.

But I think that's best discussed in a separate topic and also an issue to be tackled after all the primary problems are solved.

That is, if the textures aren't connected to the primary problems.

Since screenshots can only show so much, if anyone wants to inspect the file directly, send me a private mail message and I'll give you the link to my Google Drive where I am storing the workinprogress Nifs.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go put ice on my head.......

Brain is overloaded again!

Edited by Tilarta

And it is still crashing the Creation Kit.

I am thinking at this point, an expert (or at least, someone with better skills then me!) should inspect the file directly, find out why it keeps crashing Creation Kit and then tell me how to fix it so this doesn't happen again.

Send private message for Google Drive link to download the file.