hypnoboggled

I am desperately seeking a Deacon romance mod. I have been searching the internet ever since I met the guy last November to see if anyone has made him romanceable. There are lots of discussions about romancing Deacon, so I am not the only person who wants this. Deacon is my perfect companion and I know he loves me, I just can't get him to say it! :wub: If there was a tutorial on how to add romance to a companion I would try this myself but I'm having trouble finding one.

The mod wouldn't have to be perfect but Deacon has some funny lines that could perhaps be used for the dialogue options after you have the "big talk". He also calls the Sole beautiful at one point. Maybe dialogue exists but is hidden somewhere, unused.

If anyone is willing to have a go at this, I would be truly grateful or if anyone can instruct me on how to do it, I would like to attempt a basic mod myself.

Thanks for reading :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I just don't see how there can be a romance mod for Nick Valentine but not one for Deacon!! Deacon is imo the stud of all the male followers. MacCready is great and everything but I don't want to always play the violent cap-hungry survivor. I also don't really like Preston because all he ever talks about is the Minutemen.

If you look into Deacon's story, everything that makes him who he is is steeped in guilt and his desire to not form new attachments. He goes so far out of his way to push other people out to arms length that the fact that there is no romance option for him should really not come as any kind of surprise. The guy can't be honest for more than 3 breaths at a time, runs game when there's no benefit in it for him and ROUTINELY changes his face. This is not the kind of man that lets himself get close to anybody, never mind lets himself get romantically involved with anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

@damanding I haven't been able to get the mod you linked to work.

I'm not sure if it will work if you haven't hit max affinity yet, since I'm past that, but the author posted some console commands to use when someone asked in the comments. However, the author just recently disabled comments, and since I didn't keep the info, I messaged them asking for it. I'm going to just try targetID.setav CA_affinity in the meantime.

Edited by Ajajane

@damanding I haven't been able to get the mod you linked to work.

I'm not sure if it will work if you haven't hit max affinity yet, since I'm past that, but the author posted some console commands to use when someone asked in the comments. However, the author just recently disabled comments, and since I didn't keep the info, I messaged them asking for it. I'm going to just try targetID.setav CA_affinity in the meantime.

I realize it's an extremely long mod description at 131 words but the answer is in it.

Note: If you've already reached max affinity and want to use the console to start the romance these commands should do that:

prid 50976

setav ca_isromantic 1

setstage comdeacon 525

I realize it's an extremely long mod description at 131 words but the answer is in it.

Oh you mean the note siekcsroe added to the description AFTER I asked about it in a private message?

http://i.imgur.com/FYrVyXbh.png?1

You can even see the time they last updated the description being after I asked about it, but, you know, thanks for not being rude about it or anything when all I was doing was offering assistance in case others have the same issue while trying to correct it at the same time for myself.

cool stuff!

this will be another feather in Panacea's cap

(the main character),

or Kookamungas's cap...

you can already romance pretty much everyone else.

even lynda carter as the singer from the third rail hehehe.

there was a comic made by

j0nx0r-draws, about strong and the 'milk of human kindness'...

Deacon seems polyamorous or into a lot of things...

deacon is the 'trevor phillips' of FO4. or the Max Headroom...

I always saw Deacon and KLEO as an unlikely couple,

or Deacon and PAM,

or Deacon and CVRIE..

that would be a fun in-joke as random chatter afterwards hehe.

or, a post romance quest with Deacon...

deacon is abducted, and its up to an assorted harem to save deacon.

that would tie in nicely to

random 'candy' fetchquests...

console commands work for now -

thanks for an interesting thread!

@Ajajane

You are correct, I apologize. I just see so many users every day that don't bother to actually read descriptions and ask dumb questions and it gets incredibly frustrating after awhile. I also didn't realize the description was updated after you had asked the mod author.

@damanding Thanks and I appreciate it. Yeah I also may have gotten a little extra defensive since I do my research and I don't usually post in online communities due to how commonplace it is for people to react negatively to honest questions. However, I do also recognize how annoying it is when people don't read and how often it occurs so I completely understand your assumption and response.

@montky I still have not been able to get the console commands to work and I even loaded an older save with Deacon at around 950 affinity and tried going up from there, but there was still no change for me (I'm annoyingly persistent). It very likely could just be a conflict on my end; I hope you have better luck than I have. :wink:

Edited by Ajajane