C2Believe - Our New Reality

AurianaValoria1

Motley little crew... Cian thought to himself with a smile as the newcomer started abruptly and just as quickly stopped. "Oh, no problem at all, ma'am. Just in time for this group, actually. As I was telling our fellow beta testers, I'm Cian and I'll be joining you all in the test. "

Now, then..." Looking past the players and seeing no one else coming immediately, he waved them to follow. "Since I don't see anyone coming right now, let's grab some food really quick. Freedman! I'll go ahead with this lot, start with the tour and such! Will you call down the others, help prep for the other players as they arrive?"

The receptionist waved her acknowledgement and went back to work. Leading the way to the elevator and hitting the call button, Cian spoke in whispered tones as he led the way. "To be honest, the cafeteria is a bit of a joke actually; t'is a hall we've remodeled temporarily with some local catering company. Rather cheap food, in my opinion, not the greatest stuff to be feeding to our guests, but it gets the job done. However, if you guys promise not to tell," a conspiratorial grin flashed across his face. "We can stop by the main break room we have, which has a nice little food bar set in. We even have one of those newfangled pizza-vending machines... that thing is so awesome! When an automated machine can build you the best mozzi-ricotta-bacon-chicken-with-olives-on-half pizza you've had perfectly, man, let me tell you..."

*Ding!*

"By the by, the elevator music is just as terrible as the catchphrase, so," He walked through the elevator doors as they opened, "May I have the honor of your names to help lessen such indignity? Username or irl-name, either one's fine, whichever one you feel comfortable with sharing. I go by "Omni" whilst online, myself."

Edited by GrueMaster

"I'm Skye," Skye repeated to both the man who seemed to have been a bit confused and to Cian, following the latter to the elevator and entering behind him. All the while, she couldn't help but think that this was an odd bunch of people. Nice, maybe, but odd for sure.

What had she gotten herself into?

Skye! she said Skye most likely with an E! Victor was relieved to know he heard her wrong, it would have bothered him for days on end. Well at least she isn't crazy, that was all that mattered.

Victor walked into the Elevator behind the smaller woman and stood in the opposite corner and tried to ignore the terrible music. seriously why would such a revolutionary company have such terrible music in their elevators? Blizzard has amazing music and they practically rip everybody else off. He paused in his line of thought, and wondered if he had forgoten something?

It was at that unfortunate moment that Skye's stomach suddenly growled...incredibly loudly. It was as if a beast were growling at them and not the empty belly of the thin-framed woman in the corner of the elevator. A blush creeping into her cheeks, Skye wanted nothing more than to melt into the wall behind her, and she gave a silly grin as she dipped her head apologetically, "Sorry..."

Victor turned his gaze to Skye who had shrunk herself into the corner of the elevator. "I agree with Skye. This main break-room sounds great, I could do for some pizza."

After a short elevator ride the doors opened on the second floor and the group stepped off. Gotta say the music wasn't that bad, but probably would get annoying after several rides in the elevator. Victor followed behind the rest of the group after letting Skye off before him.

Cian grinned at the loud rumble emanating from Skye's stomach. "Yes, I agree, Skye, food sounds really good right now and shouldn't wait. This way..." The intern led everyone to his favorite vending machine in the world and got everyone's personal pizzas and drinks before taking a seat at one of the break tables. *Hmmph* "Okay, so..." *gulp* "Sorry, college habits die hard." He began, apologizing mid-bite. "As soon as we're done, I'll show you all to the testing rooms."

He looked around thoughtfully for a moment, then spoke up again. "Ever think this would ever be possible? Virtual reality? Heh, sure is strange, going from reading books to designing virtual environments practically as real as life. Wonder what my grandparents would think... Anyway, enough wool-gathering on my part. I'm rather partial to pondering aloud sometimes!" Hiding his mild embarrassment, Cian looked at his fellow players. "What kind of games do you all like to play? I'm only asking now because it will help with the testing. We have a broad selection of environments and settings to accommodate most players' wants and needs, and knowing what you all like and feel comfortable with can help out a lot."

Once everyone had gotten their pizzas and settled down, Skye dove into hers as though it were her last meal. Pizza was her favorite food type - the one thing she never tired of. This particular one was simply-topped with just pepperoni and green olives, and she was already halfway through it when Cian's question arose.

Glancing up from her food and smiling sheepishly, she swallowed, took a sip of water, and replied, "Immersive RPGs, mostly. Open-world or linear, doesn't matter. I like good graphics, but the story's what counts to me."

Looking at his pizza Victor contemplated whether or not he should have gone with sausage instead of pepperoni. He had gone with just about everything on the menu for it but had decided against sausage. It didn't matter that much though he still ate it. He glanced up when Cian asked his question and listened to Skye's response. He agreed with Skye, he was definitely a fan of open world games but not wanting to copy someone he came up with a different answer; "I'm a fan of open world and RTS games, first or third person shooters are fun as well but it really depends on the game i don't like games that skimp on the plot or the campaign."

He went back to contemplating his food. Should have gotten some water, he looked over at the soda fountain to see if it had water as well. Seeing that it did he stood and walked over to fill a cup as the others answered Cian.

• 3 weeks later...

Skye finished her meal and washed it down with more water, nodding in agreement with Victor, "Yeah, I like RTS games, too. Age of Empires, Stronghold, that sort of thing. Mostly historical stuff...not too keen on futuristic, really."