I've been looking around for a bit for mods that extend the life of your equipment, but the only ones I find are for unlimited durability.
That's cool, but not entirely what I'm out for.

I would like a mod that could extend the lifetime of weapons by two, three, four, five, or more, times the length it currently is.
I think the weapon degradation is a fun feature, I really do, but it's entirely over-played in my opinion...

Does anyone know of a mod that does anything like this?
Is anyone able to make something like it?
Can anyone provide any information regarding the project, provided that I will have to do it myself?

Any and all information welcome, thank you (:

1. Create a folder named mods, next to bin, content, DLC etc... The path should be WITCHER_3_INSTALL_DIR/mods.

2. Create the following folders inside the "mods" folder: modExtendedDurability/content/scripts/game

3. Copy the file gameParams.ws from WITCHER_3_INSTALL_DIR/content/content0/scripts/game to modExtendedDurability/content/scripts/game

4. Edit the copied gameParams.ws script file with a text editor and change the values for DURABILITY_ARMOR_LOSE_VALUE (0.6), DURABILITY_WEAPON_LOSE_VALUE (0.26), DURABILITY_WEAPON_LOSE_VALUE_HARDCORE (0.1).

Do not edit the original gameParams.ws script file, edit the one you copied to modExtendedDurability.

Decreasing the values will increase the life of the equipment. In hardcore the swords are more durable (0.1 lose instead of 0.26 lose) because you must hit the enemies multiple times.

1. Create a folder named mods, next to bin, content, DLC etc... The path should be WITCHER_3_INSTALL_DIR/mods.

2. Create the following folders inside the "mods" folder: modExtendedDurability/content/scripts/game

3. Copy the file gameParams.ws from WITCHER_3_INSTALL_DIR/content/content0/scripts/game to modExtendedDurability/content/scripts/game

4. Edit the copied gameParams.ws script file with a text editor and change the values for DURABILITY_ARMOR_LOSE_VALUE (0.6), DURABILITY_WEAPON_LOSE_VALUE (0.26), DURABILITY_WEAPON_LOSE_VALUE_HARDCORE (0.1).

Do not edit the original gameParams.ws script file, edit the one you copied to modExtendedDurability.

Decreasing the values will increase the life of the equipment. In hardcore the swords are more durable (0.1 lose instead of 0.26 lose) because you must hit the enemies multiple times.

Thank you for this comprehensive answer, I appreciate it very much.

I have one question though:

In the gameParams.ws file, should I remove the entries that are not crucial to the mod I'm making, so as to avoid conflicts with other mods?

Only other thing I ever modded was Skyrim, but I can tell already that this is quite a bit different...

Thanks again (:

Don't remove anything from that file. Actually don't change anything else.

The game only loads a script file once. If it finds the gameParams.ws inside a mod then will load it from there and will ignore the original file, from game's scripts folder.

If the same script file is modified by two or more mods then the game will load only one version. This is a conflict and the game won't start (compilation errors) or will start but one mod won't work etc...

Conflicts can be detected and fixed using a tool named Script Merger. Is a must have if you use script mods. This tool will merge multiple versions of the same script file and will create a new one with all the changes. This new version will be the one used by the game because will be included in a mod with higher priority than the other mods.

Lucky for you the gameParams.ws script file is not modified by too many mods.

Edited by Wolfmark

Not my post, but I was looking for something like this. Thanks for the simple instructions, works well!

Don't remove anything from that file. Actually don't change anything else.

The game only loads a script file once. If it finds the gameParams.ws inside a mod then will load it from there and will ignore the original file, from game's scripts folder.

If the same script file is modified by two or more mods then the game will load only one version. This is a conflict and the game won't start (compilation errors) or will start but one mod won't work etc...

Conflicts can be detected and fixed using a tool named Script Merger. Is a must have if you use script mods. This tool will merge multiple versions of the same script file and will create a new one with all the changes. This new version will be the one used by the game because will be included in a mod with higher priority than the other mods.

Lucky for you the gameParams.ws script file is not modified by too many mods.

Thank you very much for all your help on this Wolfmark, you have really been great (:

I have made a small mod to accommodate the lack thereof, based on the directions you have given me.

I'm in the process of uploading it to the Nexus, and would just love to credit you with, well, basically everything.

Would that be okay?

• 3 years later...

Thank you so much, now I can mod myself when all mods about durability is outdated