CTD on any save load or new game when OVER-MODDING Skyrim (a.k.a are you a member of the 67e-bait Modders Club?)

Gawad

That is the problem you only know that the game is allocating something on that memory address but knowing what exactly is doing its a hole new story if only Skyrim had a real Log system problems will probably be far easier to debug.

Edited by Project579

• 8 months later...

don't give up on this. I have what I think is the same problem. I'd love to play with some of these big quest/dungeon mods, but adding them to an otherwise stable build causing ctd or freeze on load, even with a clean save. disabling a bunch of mods allows me to load these big quest/dungeon mods.

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to say thank you for the TES5Edit fix, I've Jotted it down into my notes going forward. I've also created Extensive Patches, edited smash patches and have an extremely beefy compouter and load order running LE on a stable build of several playthorughs adding up to over 1000 hours and it totally works! Now, I can add legacy of the dragonborn, apothesosis, and other large scale high string count mods to my load order as needed, although I'm pretty much set and have just about everything there is to offer XD. I'm currently running about 1500 mods with 759 .esp merged down to 247 esp files. The rest are just cosmetic changes. I rarely get CTD's and if i do, it's becuase I did something stupid.

Thanks again! And I've added this into my txt doc of various tips and tricks. Also if anyone is interested there is a way to get around the 128 MCM menu limit if any of you hit it. It is no longer public, but I can give a copy out of you pm me and need it.