Witcher placeable conversion project

Tchos

The situation you describe is correct, since my new computer does have an AMD GPU, while my old one had an Nvidia. I've never had a problem with performance with point light shadows enabled, even on my old computer, so I always have them enabled, because they usually make things look much better, except in cases where the designer of a module created lighting that looks terrible with them enabled. I thought those instances of bad lighting were because those designers did not have them enabled in their toolsets or game, but if AMD has always created 50% shadows where Nvidia created 100% black ones, then they may have had them enabled all along, and were designing their areas to look correct for AMD cards.

It is the case, though, that after I enable directional lighting, I can then disable it without losing the point light shadows. I'll have to check to see if it persists in-game, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Tchos,

Just in case you have not see this yet cuiilv has put up a pack of witcher placeable buildings, carts etc to the vault. I know that these models have not yet appeared in your set so you might want to not work on these if you update this further.

I have taken corpse 06 you did for RJS for the next cornucopia update.

What are the plans for this. Are you still working on the set or taking requests only?

PJ

Good to see you're still active, PJ. No, I wasn't aware the buildings were now available, but that's good news! Judging from the screenshots, I see they'd only need a small amount of tweaking (vertex joins and smoothing in some areas, and probably specular settings) if I were to use them in a module of mine. The reason I never did more than the one house is that the exterior assets didn't import correctly with their textures, and it was too much work to remap the textures from scratch. TheOneBlackRider gave me an updated plugin that would allow me to do it, which might give better results than converting them from NWN1 tileset conversions, but I hadn't tried it.

It's just requests for now, but I am working on other NWN2-related stuff in the meantime. :)

Good to see you still in the game too.

I've been head down in SOAR, i've come up for air for a few days.

I do have a few requests, but I don't need them for a few weeks so I will put the list together later.

PJ

• 6 months later...

Tchos come back over to the vault someday. :sleep:

Is there something going on there that I should know about? I'm sure that people know where I am if they want to ask or tell me something.

• 1 month later...

I don't like all eggs being in one basket, but if so, it would be nice if the one place was one with a fully-featured forum and the kind of mod management available here. Your choice.

Edited by Tchos