KEMO Custom Animations v2

olnorton

Tchos, have you tried KEMO Custom Animations v2 ?

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/script/kemo-custom-animations-v2

I can't get the Demo to work.

It puts me in an empty room, with nothing to interact with.

Am I right in thinking I can't use these animations in a module without the kemo_animation.nss?

Edited by olnorton

I used this version:

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/kemo-custom-animations-and-heeds-pc-tool-override-version

And I also edited the main XML to work with my font enlargement, and edited the script to allow the animations to work on the currently-controlled party member instead of only on the first created PC.

No, you do not need any script from Kemo's pack to use the animation in your module. I used several of the Kemo animations in mine, with nothing but the .gr2 files.

Edited by Tchos

And I also edited the main XML to work with my font enlargement, and edited the script to allow the animations to work on the currently-controlled party member instead of only on the first created PC.

You don't happen to have the edited xml & script still in your dropbox do you? :smile:

I didn't, but I just put them in there. Here you go:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27739431/Misc%20NWN2/Tchos'%20edits%20of%20Kemo's%20animation.7z

I think that's all of the replacements. But to use the animation for NPCs in your own module, all you'll need to do is use PlayCustomAnimation, with the name of the .gr2 file as the string.

Example: You have an animation file called p_hhf_kemo_back_1.gr2. So you use this function:

PlayCustomAnimation(OBJECT_SELF, "kemo_back_1");

Edit:

I removed the "p_hhf_" prefix from the filename because that part is used by the engine to indicate that it's to be used specifically for player-usable human female phenotypes. Those prefixes should be left out of PlayCustomAnimation calls.

Edited by Tchos

I tried to run one from a conversation, but it didn't work.

Can you see what I did wrong?

(The animation works in game on my PC, when run from Heeds PC Tools)

http://i.imgur.com/1prx0QE.jpg

Edited by olnorton

I think I left in some unnecessary parts. Try leaving out the "p_hhf_" part. Thinking of it now, that should be assumed. Also assuming c_glr_oldtart is the tag and not the resref, but if it uses the GetTarget function, then $OWNER should work for that too.

I had it set to $OWNER originally when it was working with the stock animation, I just tried the tag when it didn't work.

The PlayCustomAnimation script says a * works for the p_hhf_ part, so I will try that and nothing.

Edit: Just removing the p_hhf_ part did the trick. Thanks again.

Edited by olnorton

Okay, I've edited my post to correct the suggested line. As for $OWNER, I'm surprised it didn't work, since the ga_play_custom_animation script uses the GetTarget() function. Those special selectors are included in that custom function that's used in many, but not all, of the general-use conversation scripts, and it translates to OBJECT_SELF, which should be whatever object fired the conversation (which is usually the NPC).

As for $OWNER, I'm surprised it didn't work, since the ga_play_custom_animation script uses the GetTarget() function.

$OWNER does work now, but at the time the animation didn't run because of the full gr2 name, I didn't know why, & just tried changing $OWNER to the NPC's tag in case that was the problem, but it wasn't, both work now that the p_hhf_ is gone.

Sorry for the confusion.