Lootable vertibirds

Combine99

Hi there, I am currently attempting to add loot to vertibird wreckages but have hit a slight snag, I have absolutely no idea how "looting" works ingame. What actually tells the game that something is lootable and what do I have to edit in order to give it an inventory to add loot to?

EDIT: I have made a discovery! I believe that the pieces of vertibird that you see on the ground after the explosion are actually projectiles. That is why we cant loot them and they have no collision. I am unsure what if anything I can do with these since you cant add an inventory to a projectile (can you?). We could however create another piece to debris that isn't a projectile that simply drops from the vertibird when it explodes. I was thinking the main console from the cockpit since it would have the most components to loot. I unfortunately have no scripting skills and therefore cant get the part to spawn, but I think I could create the part, and have already made an inventory for it. Anyone out there wanna help out?

Edited by Combine99

Really neat idea, I'd help but my scripting days are long ago back in fallout 3 days. Worst comes to worse, you can always just add the item to the pilot. Like bloody - <your scrap item name> Idea being is the pieces got embedded inside the pilot. *shrugs* Just a worst case plan.

Well first you must find out if you can even obtain their reference. You couldn't do this in Skyrim for a few years until SKSE came out with a function that can obtain any type of reference(GetType I think), otherwise it was notoriously difficult to do anything with projectiles.

I would look at a regular container in the ck. Look at what keywords they might be using and see if you need to create a new keyword or associate to an existing one or both.

I don't script but was able to get some custom meshes in the leveled list using a basic script. Once the veritbirds are set, add existing LLI to the vertibird (similar to containers). If you want specific things to spawn, this might be where using a script will help out.

I can't imagine it would be too difficult. Keywords are pretty "key" for enabling features in the ck and the game.