Help Importing a Heightmap

SGTbayk47

Hey everyone,

I'm currently trying to create a new world space, and would like to use a height map I have. However, I know I will have problems importing it into the GECK Heightmap Editor.

The GECK wiki says;

The files should also have been saved with these Raw Option settings: Header: 0, Non-interleaved Order, Count: 1, Depth: 16 Bits, Byte Order: IBM PC.

I have absolutely no idea what those settings mean, nor do I know any software that allows me to export RAW files with those options. Right now I only have a black and white height map image in .png format.

Does anyone know what software I could use (preferably free) to export the image with the settings mentioned above, if so it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I'd also like a little help visualising the scale. The GECK wiki refers to this grid when naming height maps, and I was wondering how big the 0_0 square is in regards to in game cells, eg 5x5. Thanks.

Cheers, Bay K.

Edited by SGTbayk47

Photoshop CS2 is free after registering with Adobe and has the ability to export files using those settings.

Quad 0_0 includes cells from 0 → 31 in the X and Y direction. Or, each quad includes 32x32 cells.

For further reference, the total area of the capital wasteland is 6x6 quads. The playable area (within the invisible borders that tell you to turn around and don't look any further) is ~ 2x2 quads. NV's worldspace is 4x4 quads with roughly the same 2x2 playable area.

Edited by TrickyVein

• 4 years later...