E-Cigarette and Vaping, For and Against

Dazaster

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or countries that are overpopulated, yet still encourage their citizens to breed like rabbits.

Name one.

The United States.

Maybe not directly, but, indirectly. Of course, the rationale here is religious..... so, not entirely sure we can get into that aspect of it.

Don't think we are over-populated? Look at housing prices in places like Los Angeles. Or many other cities.... (New York?)

Or countries that are overpopulated, yet still encourage their citizens to breed like rabbits.

Name one.

India 1370 million, while the planets most populated nation China stands with a population count of 1400 million.

I cannot speak to the level of governmental encouragement but the numbers speak for themselves. The actual list is quite a bit longer but two should suffice for your straw argument.

What we need to keep in mind is while it is true we a running human OS 2.0.21 all of that is stuck trying to run on human hardware version 1.0 ... and to make matters worse that hardware will only support human BIOS version 1.01 (or maybe ver 1.02). Many of the commands that OS 2.0.21 wants to run get their result truncated by the BIOS to actually fit the hardware.

At our core we have more in common with our hunter gather ancestors than some idealized 21st century man. We come from a world where if we didn't spawn at every opportunity the race could go extinct (of course at the individual level we've never thought in those specific terms ... more like we want our DNA to be the dominant strain).

Fun fact ... the one man with the greatest number of descendants in the world is Ghengis Khan as shown by Y chromosome analysis.

What we need to keep in mind is while it is true we a running human OS 2.0.21 all of that is stuck trying to run on human hardware version 1.0 ... and to make matters worse that hardware will only support human BIOS version 1.01 (or maybe ver 1.02). Many of the commands that OS 2.0.21 wants to run get their result truncated by the BIOS to actually fit the hardware.

At our core we have more in common with our hunter gather ancestors than some idealized 21st century man. We come from a world where if we didn't spawn at every opportunity the race could go extinct (of course at the individual level we've never thought in those specific terms ... more like we want our DNA to be the dominant strain).

Fun fact ... the one man with the greatest number of descendants in the world is Ghengis Khan as shown by Y chromosome analysis.

Considering what he did for a living, that really doesn't come as a surprise. :D

Considering what he did for a living, that really doesn't come as a surprise. :D

As they say ... to the victor the spoils.

On the reverse side the most common last name on the planet is Khan. Why ... because those very "spoils" wanted to give every possible chance to the offspring of the losing side. It's in our nature to strive to survive, and what better place to do that than from as close to the top of the heap we can manage. Any way we find to do that "managing" is justified (at least from the managing individual's perspective ... hence the still current need to keep a supply of sharp sticks handy to do a little eye poking when called for).

Name one.

The United States.

Maybe not directly, but, indirectly. Of course, the rationale here is religious..... so, not entirely sure we can get into that aspect of it.

Don't think we are over-populated? Look at housing prices in places like Los Angeles. Or many other cities.... (New York?)

Those are cities, not countries. The birth rate in the US in 2019 was the lowest in 35 years.

So, again: name one.

India 1370 million, while the planets most populated nation China stands with a population count of 1400 million.

I cannot speak to the level of governmental encouragement but the numbers speak for themselves. The actual list is quite a bit longer but two should suffice for your straw argument.

Quoting population statistics is not an argument that (1) the country is overpopulated and (2) the citizens are encouraged to breed like rabbits.

Ironically, you accuse me of making a straw argument while strawmanning what I wrote. I recommend you take a reading comprehension refresher class.

I didn't make an argument, I asked HeyYou to substantiate his claim by naming a country that meets both aspects he mentioned. Which he failed to do. As did you.

<snip>

I cannot speak to the level of governmental encouragement ......but the numbers speak for themselves. The actual list is quite a bit longer but two should suffice for your straw argument.

Quoting population statistics is not an argument that (1) the country is overpopulated and (2) the citizens are encouraged to breed like rabbits.

Ironically, you accuse me of making a straw argument while strawmanning what I wrote. I recommend you take a reading comprehension refresher class.

You might want to read the second sentence before diving straight into proto ad hominiem attacks.

Your use of the classic 'name one' whataboutism, expected no rebuttal, I named two with a caveat which you ignored (no surprise).

I think you will need sharper crayons than what is currently in your pack.

You might want to read the second sentence before diving straight into proto ad hominiem attacks.

Second sentence was read and was rebutted - the numbers do not speak for themselves, they are merely statistics. Context is important here and is what your limp thesis lacks.

As to your assertion that I engaged in an ad hominem attack - clearly, for all your flexing on Latin, you don't actually understand what an ad hominem attack is. Nowhere in my post did I attack your character or motives. You should be better informed and refresh on your Latin.

Your use of the classic 'name one' whataboutism, expected no rebuttal, I named two with a caveat which you ignored (no surprise).

Asking someone to substantiate their claim isn't 'whataboutism'. Whataboutism is where someone gives a counter-example in order to attempt to rebut someone else's assertion.

It appears you struggle with Latin and English.

I think you will need sharper crayons than what is currently in your pack.

When you engage in strawmanning someone else's comments and then you ignore it when it's pointed out, that's a fairly strong indication that you have no intention of engaging with any semblance of goodwill.

I'll sharpen my crayons, but I recommend you sharpen up on your intellectual honesty because based on your responses to me, it's clear that you have me at somewhat of a disadvantage.

I'm obliged to argue logically and rationally, addressing the actual points made. You seem to place no such burden upon yourself.

You're ridiculously predictable with have a bad case of target fixation....... so intent on getting off a shot you can't see the approaching deck.

Maybe you should invest in the 64 pack after all.